Salford, Greater Manchester
21 days ago
Manchester United are recruiting a Corporate Communications Manager
The Communications team plays a crucial role within the organisation, helping drive the Club and Company objectives and broaden both public and stakeholder awareness of Manchester United's work, key messages and values. This involves the creation and delivery of a global, strategic communications plan, which equally enhances and protects the club's reputation. The team operates across multiple stakeholders and audiences around the Football, Fan, Commercial, Corporate, Internal and CSR elements of Manchester United's operations.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications, the Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for real time media relations, issues management, club media enquiries and proactive media engagement, both nationally and internationally. This includes managing media relationships with football, sport business and international media contacts. This role also supports the storytelling function of the communications department, creating content for various platforms, supporting the Communications Leadership team and coordinating larger corporate projects.
- Daily real-time media monitoring and internal reporting of club and international football issues in print, broadcast, and social media.
- Media and public relations engagement to reach the club's target audiences.
- Executing communications campaigns to engage media on key club stories
- Drafting written content including: Press releases, statements, speeches, letters, transcripts, web stories, key messages and weekly reports.
- Working to build media relationships through club events, emails, calls, meetings, briefings and sport industry events.
- Organise media training for spokespeople ahead of media interviews.
- Producing media coverage analysis reports for various club departments.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent), preferably in a relevant discipline.
- Relevant professional experience in communications, media and public relations.
- Excellent knowledge of the media landscape and strong existing relationships with football, sport and international media.
- Understanding of the unique dynamics of a globally leading football club and the culture of Manchester United
- Excellent experience of social media monitoring tools.
- Proven ability to engage with international media to pitch stories and secure positive media coverage.
- Experience in compiling media coverage reports and analysis.
- Experience in maintaining contacts databases.
Manchester United Football Club Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk in our work place.