Control Systems Support Engineer
About the Company:
Our client is a subsidiary of a major global player in the nuclear industry operating on a UK nuclear licensed site specialising in treating the by-product of enrichment suitable for long term storage.
They are committed to providing a flexible and hybrid working culture for everyone whilst actively seeking ways of working that allow people to grow and thrive in their roles. Our client offers excellent employment conditions such as a generous annual leave allowance and company pension scheme. Inclusion and Diversity is essential to them being able to best serve their business and strive to ensure that no one is treated inappropriately or disrespectfully at the workplace.
My client is committed to becoming a more inclusive and diverse organisation. Female candidates, candidates from racial/ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates who identify themselves as having a disability or health condition are currently underrepresented within the Engineering team and are particularly encouraged to apply so that we have the widest pool from which to choose the most suitable candidate.
You must have experience working with industrial control systems. Ideally the candidate will have:
• Broad exposure to and knowledge of Windows based software systems.
• Experience of large scale distributed PLC / SCADA Systems.
• 3+ Years’ experience in industry (Hazardous processes – Radiological +/or Chemical).
• Experience of Windows network architecture.
• Control knowledge (Control sequences, Loops, devices) and programming (PLC and/or SCADA and/or VB / C# / SQL).
• Experience of Serial Communications Networks (e.g. Modbus, Profibus, etc).
• Proficiency in IT applications.
• Good general level of fitness, as there is significant amount of walking involved when responding to technical issues on plant.
To provide key Control Systems support for the operational facility to maintain availability of the plant control system. Main task work will involve improvement work & problem solving on the PLC / SCADA / data / package plant systems and network infrastructure and will include support of Industrial Automation and Control Systems Cyber Security. Creating and implementing systems of work and implementing operating procedures. Work closely with & support the Control Systems Engineer on a regular basis (routine / non-routine maintenance & operational activities during scheduled plant shutdown periods and plant disturbances). The successful candidate will join the Engineering Department at a challenging stage and be involved in the Active Commissioning of the plant, with all relevant training provided.
Security Check clearance is a requirement of the role and will be sought if not already in place.
During interview we may assess you on the following behavioural competencies
• Drives for Results
• Acting Decisively
• Thirst for Knowledge
• Building a Learning Culture
• Challenger Mentality
• Working Collaboratively
• Remuneration The current salary range for this role is £50,325 - £53,945. Annual pay reviews are conducted.
• Healthy Work-life Balance The Company encourages all employees to effectively balance their work with their outside life. We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer a generous annual leave entitlement. The annual leave allowance is 27 days. My client also offers a full suite of family friendly policies that you would expect from a progressive employer
• Bonus The company operates a generous bonus scheme based on company, team and personal targets
• Pension Scheme As an employee, you will be eligible to join the Company’s Defined Contribution Pension scheme, with up to 16% employers contribution
• Education & Training We take pride in helping people learn and develop by supporting, accelerating and directing your learning. As well as the completion of mandatory health and safety courses, training packages will be offered to meet your specific needs. Supporting your learning at work is high on our agenda as it is important that the skills of our workforce meet current and future demands as well as supporting your continuing professional development
The role will be based at our Capenhurst Site near Chester. We offer free parking and there is a train station a few metres away from site with frequent trains to Chester or the Wirral.
- Sector: Nuclear Engineer, Nuclear New Build, Nuclear Power Station, Power, Nuclear and Utilities, Energy Sector
- Contact: Ben Pascall
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 0161 707 1516
- Job Ref: 212510BPA
Control Systems Support Engineer