£53000.00 - £58000.00 per annum
10 months ago
To provide Control Systems engineering input for the Tails Management Facility to maintain availability of the plant control system. Main task work will involve improvement work & problem solving on the PLC/SCADA control system, varied items of package plant, multiple plant and information based networks and associated PCs, servers, hardware and software. Generation and implementation of control related CMPs and appropriate configuration management. Control related obsolescence and patch management.
Act as intelligent customer for generation, review and approval of specifications for control related updates working closely with the clients project teams. Manage 3rd party suppliers with generation, review and approval of control related aspects of service contracts.
Creating and implementing control related systems of work and operating procedures. Support the implementation of the clients Cyber Security Systems and associated procedures.
Work closely with & support the Control Systems team during routine / non-routine maintenance & operational activities during scheduled plant shutdown periods and plant disturbances.
The successful candidate will join the Asset Management team at a challenging stage and be involved in the Active Commissioning of the plant and handover to operations with all relevant training provided.
- Broad exposure to and sound knowledge of Windows Based Software Systems.
- Experience of large scale distributed PLC / SCADA Systems (8 - 10K I/O).
- 5+ Years' experience in industry (Hazardous processes - Radiological +/or Chemical).
- Experience of Windows network architecture / administration and security configuration.
- In-depth Control Knowledge (Control sequences, Loops, devices) and programming (PLC +/or SCADA +/or VB / C# / SQL).
- Experience of Serial Comm's Networks (Modbus, Profibus, etc).
- Proficient in IT applications in order to use +/or develop computer systems within area of specialisation.
- Good general level of fitness is required, as there is sufficient amount of walking involved when responding to technical issues on plant.
- PLC & SCADA Programming (Schneider & Citect)
- Use of PLC Structured Text, Functional Block Diagrams & Sequential Function Charts.
- Experienced with multi-vendor PLCs and HMIs
- Modular programming techniques.
- SQL Server database diagnostics.
- Configuration of Industrial Networks & Server Architectures.
- Cyber Security of Industrial Automation and Control Systems.
- Process industry experience in interpreting P+ID's
- Control IO circuits diagnostic skills.
- Degree Qualified in the relevant subject or equivalent time served experience
- Evidence of training for software reprogramming (such as IEC 61131 PLC / SCADA / VB / C# / SQL).