"We particularly welcome applications from women and other minority groups who are currently underrepresented within the nuclear industry"
Our client is a major global player in the Nuclear industry. Operating on a UK Nuclear licensed site specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services based in Capenhurst, Chester.
To provide Control Systems engineering input for the Tails Management Facility to maintain availability of the plant control system. Main task work will involve improvement work & problem solving on the PLC/SCADA control system, varied items of package plant, multiple plant and information based networks and associated PCs, servers, hardware and software. Generation and implementation of control related CMPs and appropriate configuration management. Control related obsolescence and patch management.
Creating and implementing control related systems of work and operating procedures. Support the implementation of TMF Cyber Security Systems and associated procedures.
Work closely with & support the Control Systems team during routine / non-routine maintenance & operational activities during scheduled plant shutdown periods and plant disturbances.
- The job holder will interface significantly with Plant Shift Team Leaders, Process Engineering and projects team who will be looking for advice, technical assistance and solutions to technical problems associated with the plant control systems.
- The job holder will provide direct support to the Lead Control Systems Engineer.
- He/She will also interface with the plant operators & maintenance staff as there will be a requirement to train, clarify, explain and instruct.
- The job holder will interface with suppliers during support visits and for improvement works.
- Provide technical support to the plant operations & maintenance team by carrying out investigations aimed at improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Investigate, diagnose and solve complex technical problems associated with plant control and data Systems, to maintain plant availability.
- Creating and implementing TMF procedures for software & hardware systems.
- Provide Control Systems support during scheduled plant shutdowns, or unscheduled operational disturbances.
Education & Qualifications
- Degree Qualified in the relevant subject or equivalent time served experience.
- Evidence of training for software programming (such as IEC 61131 PLC / SCADA / VB / C# / SQL).
Specific know-how and skills required
- PLC & SCADA Programming (Schneider & Citect)
- Use of PLC Structured Text, Functional Block Diagrams & Sequential Function Charts.
- Experienced with multi-vendor PLCs and HMIs
- Modular programming techniques.
- SQL Server database diagnostics.
- Configuration of Industrial Networks & Server Architectures.
- Cyber Security of Industrial Automation and Control Systems.
- Process industry experience in interpreting P+ID's
- Control IO circuits diagnostic skills.