6 months ago
Morson has an exciting 12 months contract for a Contract Officer to work for a Major Aerospace Company in Yeovil.
- Undertake the management and administration of contracts within defined limits and under appropriate guidance, to ensure they are discharged in accordance with agreed contractual provisions whilst maximising the benefit to the company at minimum risk.
- Support and/or lead bids and proposals within defined limits and under appropriate guidance, to ensure they are discharged in accordance with company business objectives.
- Understand how and why the activities undertaken contribute to and support the achievement of the company's business objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external Customers that facilitate the achievement of both the company's objectives and Customer's contractual requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The job holder will:
- Have a good working knowledge of key contract terms (Ie: Price, Payment, Incoterms, GFX, Contract Deliverables, etc).
- Be competent at reading and understanding contracts.
- Understand the commercial and negotiation strategies and ensure their activities contribute to support the proper discharge of these.
- Understand the costing and pricing process, the issued costing guidelines and approval levels associated with priced proposals.
- Have a good working knowledge of the costing and pricing mechanisms associated with FOREX, Firm/Fixed pricing, the effects of escalation and the application of cost to price uplifts.
- Have verbal and written communication skills appropriate for role, with clear capability to construct and communicate information effectively.
- Be confident in presenting to peers, internally and externally.
- A good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and SAP.
- Be capable of prioritising work and ensuring defined tasks and activities are discharged effectively, accurately and professionally.
- Be capable of developing, recommending and implementing solutions to role related problems.
- Be capable of evaluating and determining with appropriate support the effectiveness of solutions to role related problems.
- Understand their own working goals and the goals and perspective of both internal and external stakeholders (including Customers).
- Be educated to degree standard in an appropriate subject with demonstrable commercial aptitude based on previous experience or a person with demonstrable commercial aptitude based on previous experience of not less than 1 year in a business environment.
- Have proficiency in English
Please send Cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details