£14.41 - £18.67 per hour
about 2 months ago
Contracts Officer, Telford, 12 month contract; Rate: £14.41 PAYE or £18.67 Ltd
The Contracts Officer is responsible for delivering contract cover by meeting contracting process deadlines for assigned requirements, operating in accordance with EU Public Procurement Regulations compliant tender processes. Assigned requirements include but are not limited to a range of calibration services, repair services, consumable spares, indirect and corporate procurement. The Contracts Officer is also responsible for the effective management of extant contracts.
The purpose of this role is to provide, maintain and improve contract cover for the Authority and where applicable, to run tender processes in accordance with the EU Public Procurement Regulations (where relevant). The Contracts Officer shall also manage all extant contracts, working with business stakeholders to ensure suppliers meet contractual commitments. This is a full time post, however flexible working requests will be considered.
What the post is responsible for - output, customer interface, reporting etc.
Reporting on contract-let activity and progress to plan to the Contracts Manager
Interaction and effective team working with the wider procurement organisation including Category Management, Sourcing and Supplier Development
Utilise and use the Authority Commercial Toolkit
o Award and run contracts for goods and services to achieve key contractual and business targets in respect of Capital Equipment, Repair of TE, Calibration Services, Consumable Spares, Indirect and Corporate Procurements.
o Preparation and presentation of agreed procurement strategies at Gate review
o Run EU Public Procurement Regulation compliant tender processes (where applicable)
o Commercial and cost negotiation with Suppliers to resolve issues and deliver value for money (where applicable)
o Identify risks during the process and escalate appropriately to ensure risk is managed and mitigated
o Maintain adherence to the Contract-Let Plan and escalate roadblocks to the Contracts Manager in order to properly manage any gaps in contact cover
o Contributing to market analysis and continuous improvement of the supply chain to ensure a strategic understanding of the current supply market, potential future business and technological changes that may affect procurement strategy development
Defined items for Delivery OTIF, delivery within budget, improvements in H&S, performance against operational and people targets
* Ensuring the security of all information and data
* Ensuring the delivery of compliant tendering processes, whether subject to EU Regulations or not, that meet agreed and defined contracting strategies
* Purchases within area of responsibility
* Ensure compliance with all Trade Control requirements
* Timely delivery of contract re-let and sourcing projects in accordance with customer and business requirements
* Ensuring that all Authority Dependencies are raised for reporting to commercial and decisions taken in accordance with company processes
* Provide input and guidance to the project team in determining contracting strategies for all procurement activity within area of responsibility
Delegated authority, authority to recruit as defined within the post, budget expenditure (e.g.; overtime, training)
* Authority to propose Procurement and contract-let decisions in accordance with process included Gate Review and Delegation of Authority levels
* Authority to stop non-compliant Procurement activities
* Authority to up-date Success Factors and identify personal training needs.
We are looking for an individual with experience in Procurement, Supply Chain or a Commercial discipline, including tendering and contract management. Process driven with exceptional attention to detail and with technical administration skills.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Able to work closely with all relevant stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition
* Ability to relate to both client and customer needs at all levels with respect to operational delivery requirements
* Strong attention to detail
* Technical administration
* Commercial acumen
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
* MCIPS 4 or willingness to achieve is essential
* Minimum of 1 years experience in a commercially focused role is essential
* Minimum of 1 years experience exposure to public sector contracting is desirable but not essential
* Procurement or Supply Chain experience is desirable
* Working knowledge of OJEU Process and Procedures is desirable
* Willingness to travel
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy