East Midlands, England
28 days ago
Morson International are currently looking for a Contracts Officer to work for one of our defence clients based in Donnington. This is a full time contract position for 6 months+.
The Contracts Officer will be responsible for delivering contract cover by meeting contracting process deadlines for assigned requirements, operating in accordance with EU Public Procurement Regulations compliant tender processes. Assigned requirements include but are not limited to a range of calibration services, repair services, consumable spares, indirect and corporate procurement. The Contracts Officer will also be responsible for the effective management of extant contracts.
For this position we are looking for candidates with experience in procurement, supply chain or a commercial discipline, including tendering and contract management. Process driven with exceptional attention to detail and with technical administration skills.
The purpose of this role is to provide, maintain and improve contract cover for the authority and where applicable to our client, to run tender processes in accordance with the EU public procurement regulations (where relevant). The Contracts Officer shall also manage all extant contracts, working with business stakeholders to ensure suppliers meet contractual commitments.
* Reporting on contract-let activity and progress to plan to the Contracts Manager
* Interaction and effective team working with the wider procurement organisation including category management, sourcing and supplier development
* Stakeholder engagement with members of staff/other functions within I&RM and the wider DE&S community when required.
* Provide information to enable the maintenance and update of CLaSP
* Be responsible for the maintenance of information on and off system
* Use of DCO, ERP and any other systems required and update where necessary
* Award and run contracts for goods and services to achieve key contractual and business targets in respect of capital equipment, repair of TE, calibration services, consumable spares, indirect and corporate procurements.
* Preparation and presentation of agreed procurement strategies at gate review
* Drive value by active participation in business case kick off meetings and challenging requirements where applicable
* Run EU Public procurement regulation compliant tender processes (where applicable)
* Commercial and cost negotiation with suppliers to resolve issues and deliver value for money (where applicable)
* Identify risks during the process and escalate appropriately to ensure risk is managed and mitigated
* Maintain adherence to the Contract-Let Plan and escalate roadblocks to the Contracts Manager in order to properly manage any gaps in contact cover
* Contributing to continuous improvement activities, pan-DSG initiatives and sharing of best practice
* Contributing to market analysis and continuous improvement of the supply chain to ensure a strategic understanding of the current supply market, potential future business and technological changes that may affect procurement strategy development
* Dependent on priority, capacity and surge activity across the function you may be expected to temporarily deploy to other areas with the procurement function to undertake activity commensurate with your level, capability and functional skills at the discretion of your line manager