East Midlands, England
£285 - £330 per day
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
12 months +
To provide contract management for a principal development contract with its Professional Services Consultants (PSCs).
- Reports to the Senior Contract Manager regarding the contract management resources engaged in response to programme needs to ensure that contracts are developed, agreed and delivered to the agreed specification.
- Manage and administer the principal delivery contract with the Development Partner and
perform the role of Employer's Representative to ensure the contract delivers value for money.
- Review and monitor the administration of the technical services contracts by the Development partner and others to ensure contract administration complies with statutory requirements and relevant government policies and delivers value for money.
- Review and monitor contracts, instructions and contract administration to ensure that a
commercial approach is applied to deliver value for money and that there is consistency
- Implement policies, plans, processes and procedures for contract management consistent with legislation and government policies to ensure compliance.
- Review contracts and processes continually to ensure that financial and contract authorities have been obtained in accordance with delegated authorities and to seek out improvements.
- Advise the business on the application of NEC3 contracts for professional services and other
contracting forms to ensure interests are protected and value for money is obtained.
- Assists with developing contract management policies and processes and ensure that a robust audit trail is put in place for all contract decisions and instructions to monitor compliance with
statutory and government requirements.
- Assists in leadership team meetings for procurement to provide specialist guidance and enable the implementation of policy, projects and change initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Experience of assisting the Employer's
- Representative under the NEC3 form of contract and application of core processes relating to risk management;
- Experience of contract management of technical services contracts using the NEC3 form of contract and other forms;
- Strong analytical, commercial and negotiating skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Skilled at implementing collaborative working in a multi‐contract environment;
- Experience of applying incentive arrangements to enhance supplier performance; and relevant professional qualification.
- Decisions on when to escalate issues; and
- Contract management processes and procedures