Crawley, West Sussex
£450.00 - £530 per day + Ltd
6 months ago
Contracts Manager (Electronic Warfare and Radar)
Crawley - 6 month contracts - Pay rate £450 to £530 per day Ltd
We are looking to hire two Contracts Manager / Commercial Manager contractors to work with our defence client based in Crawley.
The first role will focus on leading the commercial aspects of Electronic Warfare and Radar sales campaigns, with responsibility for defining the commercial win strategy, evaluating risks and opportunities, and ensuring that the optimal balance of margin potential and contractual exposure is achieved to ensure the proposition is both profitable and price competitive. Supported by Capture Leads and in-country Key Account Managers/Commercial Teams, the SCM (Interim) will be responsible for generating winning commercial proposals, developing and implementing negotiation strategies and conducting themself in a way that takes due consideration of local culture and customs. The SCM (Interim) will also be responsible for the successful commercial management of EW&R contracts, including forming and maintaining customer relationships.
The second role will be responsible for managing the commercial aspects of various bids and projects for the supply and support of electronic warfare and radar equipment to domestic and overseas customers. They will be responsible for ensuring that contracts are managed diligently, that change/growth opportunities are identified and pursued, and that any customer issues are handled promptly and professionally.
General responsibilities of the Contracts Manager include:
- Developing robust and high quality proposals
- Drafting contract terms and conditions
- Negotiating contracts/contract amendments
- Drafting and executing effective NDAs, MoUs, Letters of Intent and Teaming Agreements
- Building and maintaining effective customer and partner relationships
- Customer payment management
- Maintenance of contractual records
- Preparation of internal approval documentation
- Providing management reports
- Dispute resolution
- Provide general support to bid and project teams on business matters
- Commercial management of trade compliance
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
- Acting as a role model to other team members, setting an example through constructive and proactive behaviours.
- Proven ability gained working in the Defence industry on complex projects.
- Significant customer facing commercial and contracts management background, ideally with the UK MOD.
- Previous record of holding a security clearance would be desirable, but not essential.
The Contracts Manager will report into the Contracts Director for the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance group. The role provides challenge and excitement in equal measure and is ideally suited to individuals with strong business acumen and customer focus and who are tenacious, flexible, dynamic and resilient. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are prerequisites.