City of London, London
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Bonus + additional benefits
about 2 months ago
Morson International is proud to be the recruitment partner for The Low Carbon Contracts Company as they embark upon a large and varied recruitment campaign.
The Low Carbon Contracts Company (LCCC) and the Electricity Settlements Company (ESC) sit at the heart of the delivery of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable electricity. Run as a private, not for profit limited company, the LCCC primarily provides the mechanism behind Contracts for Difference (CfD) - a contract introduced by the government to incentivise investment in secure, low-carbon electricity.
By enabling smaller low-carbon generators to gain entry through long-term revenue stabilisation, the LCCC plays a pivotal part in the UK's Energy Market Reform, the biggest change to the electricity market since privatisation.
4 years from its inception and having met short term objectives, they look now to move to the next strategic phase and are investing significantly in the workforce and are now looking to recruit a [insert job title] to contribute towards ongoing success
The Contract Manager role will actively participate in the day-to-day relationship and contract management of assigned CfD contracts, supporting the generators to meet their contractual milestones. In addition to they will support their Lead Contract Manager in their wider commercial, financial and technical responsibilities.
- Day-to-day management of assigned CfDs and associated workload and tasks
- Raise any emerging issues or suggested improvements to the Head of Contract Management as required, and provide support as required on impact assessments
- Have ownership and responsibility for assigned CFDs, acting as the Account Manager and managing all contractual processes and issues, including actively identifying and resolving potential disputes, working with Legal to do so
- Support generators to satisfy requirements, contract requirements and project management pre start date
- Review & understand the various contracts, and have a strong understanding of the application of contract terms in line with LCCC guidance
- Apply judgement to manage the contracts, based on LCCC's overarching interpretation of the contract
- Manage the generator monthly reporting and provide generator reporting to Scheme Operations
- Understand financial and technical analysis and be able to competently procure and manage external advisers to conduct this on LCCC's behalf where necessary
- Provide analysis and advice in relation to existing and/or new CfDs or other LCCC functions
- Review revisions of financial models and analyse findings of key metrics movements.
- Strong knowledge of relevant legal, regulatory and contractual management issues
- Knowledge of the UK Electricity Market and how it operates beneficial but not essential
- Experience drafting and processing contracts for difference would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience in developing and maintaining commercial relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders
- Strong negotiation, control and compliance skills
- Experience of commercial dispute resolution would be beneficial but not essential
- Proven project management experience
- Transactional experience is beneficial but not essential
- Strong influencing, analytical and technical contract management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills