£20 - £30 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client, a leading Renewable Energy company are looking for a Contracts Manager based in Glasgow on a contract basis
The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of Procurement & Finance/Business process
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for defining contracting strategies and plans, tendering, negotiating
* Leading the end to end commercial contract cycle, involving strategy, procurement, implementation, management and renewal phases
* Leading the development and implementation of contract strategies maximise contract value and mitigate risk
* Manage and deliver competitive tendering strategies to support the business' commercial and performance objectives.
* Working closely with the Procurement team and O&M teams to prepare detailed contract scope for invitations to tender for designated contracts.
* Evaluating the technical and commercial aspects of tender submissions and making recommendations to the Commercial Services Manager, Onshore Management Team and Procurement team
* Leading the negotiation of the commercial aspects of designated contracts to deliver commercial solutions that balance the clients Onshore Operational objectives.
* Lead audits, assessment of designated suppliers and contractors to support ongoing development of contract strategies to ensure business commercial success and mitigation of associated risks
* Act as key point of contact for the O&M and Commercial teams in relation to contract timeframes, scope, costs, payments and Budget implications
* Support Commercial Services Manager to deliver the clients annual Opex and Capex budgets for the operational portfolio
* Enact role of SAP requisitioner to ensure that contracts are raised and managed in line with business requirements
* Ensuring alignment of management system (SAP) with contract terms and conditions
Skills & Experience
* High level of direct experience in leading and managing high value, complex and critical engineering and maintenance contracts.
* Knowledge and experience in creation and analysis of detailed contract performance reports, identification of performance issues, development of action plans for resolution of issues and driving performance improvements.
* Good all round understanding of financial, commercial and business principles and risk mitigation practices.
* Ability to determine when optimum commercial terms have been achieved during a negotiation process with justification for recommending such terms for approval.
* Strong people skills with the ability to form effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and utilise these relationships to successfully deliver role
* Strong negotiation skills with the ability to lead and negotiate multiple complex commercial arrangements and discussions
* Thorough understanding of contract implementation and management for short and long term commercial agreements.