about 2 months ago
Our client a leading Renewable Energy company are seeking a Contracts Manager for an initial 7 months contract to be either based in the London office or the Glasgow office.
As a significant role within Scottish Power Renewables, the responsibility of this role is to develop and manage contracts within the WTG Offshore business. This role will include working closely with teams from Construction, Operations, Legal, Insurance, Finance and Procurement, to ensure best in class Contract Management.
Being part of the WTG Package Team and reporting to the Lead Contract Manager, the Senior Contract Manager will drive contract strategies, sourcing, negotiating and manage large offshore contracts. The individual will be responsible for contractual & commercial risks and strive for optimising and driving the performance of each contract.
The individual will be working as part of a business with several global activities, which may require frequent travel to various locations in the UK and overseas. The role requires the individual to coordinate with multi-disciplinary teams and teams working at different project locations.
Tasks for this role will include:
* Working closely with the WTG Lead Contract Manager on the East Anglia Hub Off-shore wind project
* Managing and administering, the agreement(s) in place with the WTG supplier, including but not limited to claims, variations, workstream values, target improvement value.
* Monitoring and anticipating claims made by the WTG contractor under the agreement and assisting in developing mitigation strategies in line with the terms
* Supporting in preparing notes of advice and commercial drafting on claims and variations
* Making commercial recommendations to the WTG Lead Contract Manager on commercial issues and risks arising in the agreement
* Assisting the WTG Lead Contract Manager during negotiation of the main Project Contracts
* Undertaking detailed contract reviews, anticipating contractual and commercial risks, opportunities and threats to the project and implementing mitigation measures
* Scheduling and arranging internal review meetings, negotiation meetings with the supplier, taking notes, issuing internal and/or external minutes, reporting and tracking the status of negotiation, maintaining the negotiation tracker and the documentation up to date
* Monitoring budget and expenditures
* Leading and coordinating internal approval processes, inputs from various departments (legal, procurement, insurance, risk, treasury, etc) and cooperating with the WTG Lead Contract Manager to close out negotiation tasks/actions
* Ensure SPR best practices and processes are implemented and applied in contract management
* Leading coordination of and ensuring interfacing with key company functions such as Purchasing, Insurance, Financial, Legal, etc
* Assisting in the day by day management and administration of Project Contracts (i.e. TSAs) from effective date for the full term
Skills and Requirements
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with great negotiation and communication skills. A strong team player able to work with multi-disciplinary teams across the group.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with Offshore wind experience experience of management approach in the offshore environment and cultural awareness.
To be successful in this position you will need to bring with you as a minimum:
Degree and professional qualification in relevant engineering disciplines or commercially orientated qualification
Experience within contract management, ideally within the energy sector, particularly Wind Turbine Technology
Good understanding and experience in negotiating and managing Wind Turbine Supply Agreements (FIDIC standard would be preferable)
Strong ability to manage own performance, with a significant focus on delivery and an ability to balance a varied and challenging workload, whilst producing high quality results in demanding timeframes
Fluent in English, both verbally and written
Good understanding of wind farm construction activities and the contractual implications
IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software
Flexibility to travel.