Up to £0.00 per annum + Negotiable
9 months ago
Our client, a leading Renewable Energy company are looking for a Contracts Manager based in Glasgow on a contract basis within their Operations and Maintenance Onshore business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of Procurement & Finance/Business process'
This role will include working closely with wider O&M teams, Legal, Insurance, Financial and Group Purchasing teams to ensure contracts are managed effectively. The Contracts Manager will be responsible for defining contracting strategies and plans, tendering, negotiating and (in some cases) managing multi-million pound onshore Service contracts. In addition, the individual will be responsible for supporting development of procedures for site functions.
* Leading the end to end commercial contract cycle, involving strategy, procurement, implementation, management and renewal phases of multi-million pound critical contracts.
* Leading the development and implementation of contract strategies for the SPR UK Onshore Operational Portfolio to maximise contract value and mitigate risk
* Through specialist knowledge of contract management, identify, manage and deliver competitive tendering strategies to support the business' commercial and performance objectives.
* Working closely with the Procurement team and O&M teams to prepare detailed contract scope for invitations to tender for designated contracts.
* Evaluating the technical and commercial aspects of tender submissions and making recommendations to the Commercial Services Manager, Onshore Management Team and Procurement team
* Leading the negotiation of the commercial aspects of designated contracts to deliver commercial solutions that balance the clients Onshore Operational objectives.
* Lead audits, assessment of designated suppliers and contractors to support ongoing development of contract strategies to ensure business commercial success and mitigation of associated risks
* Lead commercial meetings with Contractors to manage commercial risks, monitor claims made by either party through detailed contract review and effective supplier relationship management.
* Act as key point of contact for the O&M and Commercial teams in relation to contract timeframes, scope, costs, payments and Budget implications
* Support Commercial Services Manager to deliver the clients annual Opex and Capex budgets for the operational portfolio
* Enact role of SAP requisitioner to ensure that contracts are raised and managed in line with business requirements
* Management of diverse and complex contracts ranging from service & maintenance contracts to multi-site parts and materials frameworks and other specialist technical services
* Active Commercial contract management through close supervision of contract spend against contract scope, contract timescales, allocated budget, and accurate invoicing to ensure effective cost management in line with business targets
* Ensuring alignment of management system (SAP) with contract terms and conditions
Skills & Experience
* High level of direct experience in leading and managing high value, complex and critical engineering and maintenance contracts.
* Knowledge and experience in creation and analysis of detailed contract performance reports, identification of performance issues, development of action plans for resolution of issues and driving performance improvements.
* Good all round understanding of financial, commercial and business principles and risk mitigation practices.
* Ability to determine when optimum commercial terms have been achieved during a negotiation process with justification for recommending such terms for approval.
* Ability to think strategically to ensure commercial guidance supports immediate and long term strategic objectives
* Possess a solid understanding of the commercial processes associated with the operation and maintenance of Generation assets (ideally with Renewable Asset experience)
* Strong people skills with the ability to form effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and utilise these relationships to successfully deliver role
* Strong negotiation skills with the ability to lead and negotiate multiple complex commercial arrangements and discussions
* Detailed experience of services contracts, heavy engineering is essential, large and complex parts frameworks, understanding of global and local contracts and processes. Knowledge of onshore wind projects would be desirable
* Thorough understanding of contract implementation and management for short and long term commercial agreements.
* Strong self-performance management and delivery focus with the ability to balance conflicting requirements of quality, cost and time and make decisions in tight timescales.
* Thorough working knowledge of the Commercial elements of the SAP system
* Ability to travel to projects across the UK and Ireland and internationally as required with a valid UK Driving License and Passport
* Degree level qualification
* Experience in commercial and contractual aspects of technology and engineering
* Proven ability to manage negotiation of multiple commercially complex contracts against tight timescales
* Strong ability to manage own performance with focus on delivery within a varied and challenging workload whilst producing high quality results
* Strong computer and general IT literacy, as a minimum MS Office and excel