£42000.00 - £46000.00 per annum
13 days ago
Contracts Manager - Somerset
* Undertake the management and administration of UK Ministry of Defence contracts and agreements (primarily IMOS - Integrated Merlin Operational Support contract).
* Negotiate new contracts and agreements.
* Lead and/or support new bids and proposals.
* Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external Customers that facilitate the achievement of both the Companys objectives and Customers contractual requirements.
* Contribute to the development and management of a team of commercial specialists and cross functional teams.
* Provide professional contract management of nominated contract(s) and agreements.
* Understand all of the contract obligations and the timing of the contract deliverable.
* Take all steps necessary to fulfill the contractual requirements, ensuring that the contract deliverable are assigned to the appropriate owners and are executed in accordance with the contract.
* Monitor and report on the achievement to the Customer of its contractual obligations, satisfactorily resolving any resultant impacts.
* Proactively resolve contract and commercial issues.
* Support the risk management process for the delivery of the Contract.
* Develop, recommend and execute agreed negotiation strategies.
* Ensure alignment of key subcontracts in support of Procurement.
* Identify, understand and highlight to the business unfamiliar, complex and high risk terms and issues.
* In accordance with Company policy, prepare and present the necessary contract approval documentation.
* Independently review the price of proposals prior to submission to the Customer to establish that they are realistic and reflect the level of cost and risk that would be associated with discharging such proposed work.
* Proposals submitted are coherent, complete, comprehensive, professional, meet the Customers requirements, can be delivered by the Company in accordance with the proposal requirements and meet the Companys objectives.
* Risk is appropriately mitigated in the proposal through price, schedule, terms or contract scope as applicable.
* Establish, develop and maintain sound and professional relationships with all stakeholders to ensure the ongoing delivery and development of commercial business opportunities.
* Contribute the management and development of a team of commercial and cross functional specialists in order to ensure nominated contracts are delivered to achieve profitable business at minimum risk and to meet the Companys business plans and objectives.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required * Have a good working knowledge of all key commercial contract terms, ideally having relevant experience working with the UK MoD.
* Have a good working knowledge of relevant costing and pricing mechanisms associated with FOREX, Firm/Fixed pricing, the effects of escalation and the application of cost to price uplifts.
* Have a good working knowledge of the management and mitigation of contract risk.
* Have good verbal, written and presentation communication skills with a clear capability to construct and communicate information effectively.
* Have demonstrable interpersonal skills which foster the establishment and sustainment of effective customer relationships.
* Have a good working knowledge of MS Office and relevant MRP systems (ideally SAP).
* Possess a demonstrated capability to manage and motivate a multi-functional team.