US$50.00 - US$70.00 per hour
15 days ago
Morson currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Contracts Manager. The position is to join a nationally recognized automation company that is recognized as a leader in its field.
The Contracts Manager reports to the CFO and works in conjunction with several disciplines including national sales, safety, and corporate leadership and outside agencies. Will prepare, review, negotiate, and administer contracts and purchase orders to support company goals and will administer various state, local and professional registrations and licensing.
* Review and negotiate terms, conditions and other legalese in:
o Client Master Service Agreements
o Subcontractor Master Service Agreements
o Vendor Purchase Orders
* Develop and maintain contract filing system
* Manage contract renewals, insurance certificates and other time-sensitive contract requirements
* Prepare and/or assist with client qualification packages
* Research, manage and prepare various state and local business filings:
o Foreign corporation establishment
o Annual Statements of Information
o Professional licensing
* Local business registration and licensing
* Liaison with accounting department for state income tax, sales tax and property tax filings
* Maintain current understanding of industry standards, trends, and best practices through industry and other professional networks
* Responds to inquiries and provides advice to internal and external clients
* Performs other related duties as assigned
* Strong knowledge of contract principles and terminology.
* Ability to independently review contracts for the correct components, sections and remedies to protect the company's business interest.
* Ability to analyze contract performance and follow up with recommendations during and after the execution of contracts.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent administrative skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven negotiation, mediation and persuasion skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
* Ability to adapt to change.
* Ability to learn quickly and to creatively solve new problems.
Education and Experience:
* Master's degree in Business Law or related field required.
* At least five years of relevant experience preferred.
* Background or experience in engineering field preferred.
* A certificate from National Contract Management Association such as "CCPM" or a certificate from a reputable continued education college program is a plus.