Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per day + negotiable
Rail Technical Team
20 days ago
12 Months +
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
The role will manage the contractual and commercial relationship with the Phase Two Professional Services Consultants responsible for managing the hybrid Bill phase of the project to achieve Royal Assent and the subsequent handover to the delivery phase.
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring an integrated approach between PSCs and the Integrated Development Team.
- Ensure all contracts are contractually and commercially managed as required, including responsibility for ensuring all contractual timescales are adhered to.
- Manage and monitor the contract deliverables received from the consultant and ensure they are communicated to the appropriate responsible and accountable owners to ensure meets the contractual timescales.
- Manage and monitor the contract deliverables and ensure all such deliverables and associated communications to the consultant are completed in a timely manner to ensure meets its contractual obligations.
- Lead and manage the day to day commercial relationship with the PSCs including ensuring a collaborative and integrative approach is being taken with all PSCs and across all disciplines.
- Deputise for the Senior Contracts Manager, as required.
- Support the Senior Contracts Manager in the administration of the Phase Two DP contracts and in ensuring contract management activities are aligned and delivered to the contract requirements.
- Support the Phase Two project delivery team and other directorates in the administration of Employer's Representative duties.
- Support the Senior Contracts Manager by providing appropriate commercial information to promote informed decision-making.
- Support the Senior Contracts Manager in providing information for Commercial Reports.
- Understand, review and implement contractual, commercial & financial system requirements.
- Understand and review the project funding and delivery budget.
- Take the lead for effective cost control, maintaining close liaison with functional managers for Project Controls, Change Management, Planning, Risk Management, Finance and Procurement.
- Liaise with the project controls team with respect to the consultant's progress, spend and performance reporting.
- Undertake regular commercial reviews of all consultant costs, including their subconsultant costs, and implement appropriate mitigation measures as required and generally proactively manage contract expenditure against project budget.
- Ensure that periodic reporting and cost data are accurately managed for the Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP) and the Estimate to Complete (ETC) and any variances against budget are explained in commercial reports.
- Lead and proactively manage the Early Warning process.
- Proactively support mitigation measure initiatives captured on the contract risk registers.
- Lead and proactively manage change instructions, including managing the progress of
- Change requests through the governance structure and in association with other functions.
- Lead in the assessment of quotations and assessments by others in connection with Compensation Events.
- Provide an early warning system for commercial and financial implications of potential claims.
- Oversee claims rejection, negotiation or acceptance procedures.
- Ensure all appropriate IDT team members are fully informed of the status of claims.
- Review risks, change and claims against budget and contingency spend.
- Agree justification and release of contingency monies.
- Determine the amount that should be paid to the consultant in each period, including carrying out audits and taking disallowed costs into consideration.
- Ensure the consultant is timeously paid the appropriate amounts in accordance with the contract; including expenses and any incentive payments.
- Make sure all works delivered represent value for money and ensure that fair and effective commercial management processes are implemented and maintained during the life of the contract.
- Support the Senior Contract Manager in final account negotiations and settlements of the contracts and support the team with the contract phased close out report.
- Manage all contractual and commercial communications in accordance with the contract.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE
- Experience of assisting the Employer's Representative under the NEC3 form of contract and application of core processes relating to risk management;
- Experience of contract management of technical services contracts using the NEC3 form of contract