Gatwick, West Sussex
Rail Technical Team
12 days ago
Job Title: Contract Administrator
Job type: Contract
Rate: Negotiable depending upon experience
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long term progress and economic growth.
Administers medium moderately complex contracts. Maintains a continuing review of the progress of each contract and provides management with information regarding any financial, legal or technical difficulties. Prepares change order and amendments, negotiates with contractors and customers to obtain settlement. The project involves the extension of existing airport pier facilities, passenger gate lounges/services, creation of additional aircraft stands, taxiway/pavement interfaces and supporting utility provisions, and candidates should have experience of similar scope.
- Supervision Received
- Reports directly to the Lead Contracts Admin.
- Receives technical and functional guidance from the contract Administration Manager.
- Supervision Exercised
- May provide operational supervision to Contract Specialist(s) and/or other Contract Administrators.
- Maintains internal contacts with managers and supervisors and participates in negotiations with customers.
EFFECTIVE JOB DUTIES
- Implement the Division Responsibilities Matrix which records the Project's agreed assignment of various contract management tasks and the Standard Work Process Procedures applicable to Contract Administration.
- Administers assigned contracts maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical difficulties.
- Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, contract performance, contract administration and other major matters.
- Administers moderately complex contract changes by negotiating with customer personnel and obtaining settlement.
- Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of contract terms and conditions.
- Prepares periodic status reports for management.
- Basic knowledge of procurement regulations, policies and practices.
- Specialized courses or experience in pricing, contract law, negotiations and accounting.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing contract types, fee arrangements and contract terms.
- Experience in developing and recommending potential solutions to contractual problems to management.
- Airport project experience desirable