Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
25 days ago
CRE required to work on contract basis for Principal Contractor in Birmingham.
6 months contract initially.
Contractors Responsible Engineer for a large Geotechnical / Earthworks Project.
To act as the main technical lead for the project team, co-ordinating and managing both design
delivery and implementation of works.
The day to day management of all engineering activities of a particular discipline currently being
undertaken including assessment of permanent and temporary works design works requirements
and the appointment of suitable resource to satisfactorily complete those works.
Temporary Works Coordinator.
The selection and appointment of Temporary Works Supervisors.
The review of all Designs to ensure coordination with other disciplines.
Shall effectively communicate with the other CREs to ensure that designs in their entirety meet
the technical requirements of the project and integrate effectively. Shall work closely with the
CEM to ensure integration is considered on an ongoing basis and not simply at the end of a design
Shall review and endorse all relevant documentation as required. For example Work
Package Plans, Task Briefs, ITPs, Risk Assessments etc
Manage the interface between design, installation and testing activities.
Responsible for all engineering activities both on and off site for the particular project in question.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Extensive relevant management experience in the civil engineering industry
* Extensive engineering experience in the design and construction of Geotechnical / Earthworks
* BEng (Hons) in Relevant discipline (Civil Engineering)
* Understands the AtW competence under NR/L2/INI/02009/02 and meets all the requirements
therein including Quads and SE tables.
* Ability to use own initiative
* Capable of completing work to deadline
* Previous experience as CRE on other NR projects