11 months ago
Responsible to the Contracts Manager for the managing of extant contracts and running of EU Public Procurement Regulations compliant (where applicable) tender processes for a range of calibration services, repair services, consumable spares, indirect and corporate procurement.
- Awarding and running of contracts for goods and services to achieve key contractual and business targets:
- Capital equipment in accordance with authorised programmes
- Repair of TE in accordance with programme or emergent requirements
- Calibration Services
- Consumable Spares
- Indirect Procurement
- Corporate Procurement
- Preparation and presentation of agreed procurement strategies at Gate Review
- Driving value by active participation in Business Case kick off meetings and challenging requirements, where applicable
- Run EU Public Procurement Regulation compliant tender processes (where applicable)
- Identify risks during the process and escalate appropriately to ensure risk is managed and mitigated.
- Maintain adherence to the Contract Let Plan and escalate roadblocks to Contracts Manager in order to properly manage any gaps in contract cover.
- Contributing to continuous improvement activities, pan-DSG initiatives, and sharing of best practice.
- Contributing to market analysis and continuous improvement of the supply chain to ensure a strategic understanding of the current supply market, potential future business and technological changes that may affect procurement strategy development.
- Dependent on priority, capacity and surge activity across the function you may be expected to temporarily deploy to other areas within the Procurement function to undertake activity commensurate with your level, capability and functional skill at the discretion of your line manager.