£51459 - £58906 per annum
5 months ago
My client is an international supplier of enrichment services and fuel cycle products for the civil nuclear industry, serving utility customers worldwide who provide low carbon electricity through nuclear generation. As a result of investment activity, my client is seeking to enhance their in-house project delivery capability based in the Group Projects team based on sites in Gronau (Germany), Almelo (Netherlands), Capenhurst (UK), and Eunice (NM, USA). Group Projects is responsible for driving excellence in portfolio management, project management, project engineering management, estimating, project controls, procurement and contract management, and construction management. As a part of Group Projects you will join a pool of experts providing subject matter consulting, advice and direct delivery of strategically significant Client projects.
The client Group Projects is entering into a period of significant and exciting change. The role will own and shape the project system for the clients Group's global portfolio of small and medium projects accumulating up to €100 million annual CAPEX and select projects ranging from €50 million to in excess of €500 million.
Reporting to the Manager of Project Support, you will manage the commercial and financial aspects of contracts supplying goods and services for one or more projects. The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Administrating assigned contracts in line with the client's policies and procedures
- Maintaining records of all contract communications and ensuring that all communications are executed in line with the contractual required timescales
- Provide support to project managers for their assigned contracts and manage interactions and claims with project teams and other project contributors
- Monitor contract performance and make management aware of any upcoming commercial or contractual issues or deadlines
- Evaluate, prepare and review claims
- Ensure knowledge is retained and transferred and undertake lessons learned reviews to promote continuous improvement
We are now looking for an individual who can make a difference and add value to our existing Team, the following skills and experience will provide an indication of the types of Team Players we are looking for:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Significant relevant experience in managing contracts
- Experienced in the management of construction claims
- Demonstrable experience in the entire project lifecycle including success in dispute resolution processes such as arbitration
- Experience of preparing amendments and deed of variations to contracts, analysis of, and defence against, contractor claims and preparation of owner claims, reviewing and assessing contractor valuations for works completed and negotiation of final accounts.
- Working knowledge of standard forms of contracts and relevant laws and regulations in administering both standard and bespoke forms of contract
- Conversant in business English and in the business language specific to role location