Leeds, West Yorkshire
£300 - £350 per day
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
A leading client in the Rail Industry is recruiting for a Contract Manager to work on a contract basis for approximately 3 months. Flexible across the North of England, but with a requirement to regularly work from their office in Leeds.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the relevant Commercial Manager and be responsible for the day-to-day contract management of a rail franchise.
Key activities include:
Manage, control and/or deliver projects of work to meet defined objectives.
Responsible for the operational, annual and tactical contract management of up to two rail franchises. This will involve managing the complex and sensitive relationship with the Train Operating Company (TOC), ensuring that the TOC delivers its contractual obligations and identifying potential risks to the TOC's financial and operational performance which requires the relevant commercial experience and knowledge to do so. You will also provide an expert advice service on all matters pertaining to the operation of the contract and develop and present a monthly performance monitoring and reporting system to senior management.
* You will be expected to deliver your scope of work in line with budgetary, compliance, regulatory and planning controls.
* Use experience of contract management to monitor and guide TOC compliance with its Franchise Agreement obligations and establishing close but objective working relationships with the TOC to ensure the delivery of franchise commitments is on track.
* Accountable for signposting where appropriate any risk of deviation from the agreement and planned deliverables and determining the appropriate escalation route to secure resolution.
* Provide technical specialism to the management of the franchise agreement(s) throughout their life cycle. Using expert knowledge to evaluate the success and use the intelligence to make changes where possible and improve the approach for future franchises.
* Lead on the development of briefing for Ministers and correspondence with external stakeholders.
* Central point of expert advice for all matters related to contract management to others working in this area, including identifying any risks and issues.
* Manages the performance of suppliers and utilises the contract and supplier relationship to achieve desired outcomes.