Up to £0.00 per annum
14 days ago
Our client Scottish Power are seeking a Contracts Manager for a contract role based in either London or Glasgow.
The main purpose of this role is to assist the Lead Contract Manager in contracting process for multiple Offshore Construction Services and Works that will support the Key Strategic packages within East Anglia Hub project. The person taking this role will cover from the identification of the contractual interfaces between Key Packages to place the contract.
Belonging to the Operations Department and reporting to the Lead Contract Manager you will be responsible to assist the contract management team to conclude the relevant contracts and provide the support during the internal and external negotiations.
The Contract Manager would work closely with the supply chain and all main project key packages. You will ensure that SPR maintains very effective and value adding relationships with the suppliers which will enhance our ability to deliver against our business strategy.
The position may require travel to various locations in the UK and overseas and during development, contracting and delivery of projects, the individual should be prepared to work with team members working at different project locations.
Tasks for this role will include:
* Detail contractual assessments to support project business case: Monitoring contractor performance in the project, to ensure quality, H&S and cost targets are met and ensuring the project is implemented in a manner consistent with the contract terms and with sound commercial and risk management principles.
* Support the team of expert Contract Managers, check the correctness in the contract documents and report to the Lead Contract Manager about the status of the different contracts.
* Oversee the negotiation and completion of a specific set of contracts agreements.
* Anticipate contractual and commercial risks, opportunities and threats to the project and implement control measures or actions.
* Oversee that projects comply and follow standard processes and procedure while developing or executing each wind farm.
* Coordinate all legal, insurances and procurement activities for the project area.
* Monitoring the Supply Chain strategy for the specific area of the project
* This is a great opportunity be part of an exciting growing business and to contribute to the identification & management of the impacts of each project within Renewables.
Skills and Requirements
We are looking for individuals with experience in Offshore Wind processes (ideally in multi contract offshore platforms) experience in contracting strategies definition and execution significant technical and practical knowledge of offshore wind technology strong knowledge of industry standards knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation.
To be successful in this position you will need to bring with you as a minimum:
* Degree and professional qualification in relevant engineering discipline (Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineering/Naval Architectural) OR commercially orientated qualification.
* 3 years+ Contract Negotiation and Contract Management experience would be desirable.
* Proven experience working with multicultural teams.
* IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
* Flexible to travel around Europe.
* Proven track record working in complex multi-discipline projects.