£19 - £23 per hour + DOE
5 months ago
Our client are looking for a Contract Manager based in Glasgow on a contract basis initially for one year but may be extended.
The ideal candidate will have a Supplier performance/ Procurement background and be familiar with Finance/Business process
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for defining contracting strategies and plans, tendering, negotiating and (in some cases) managing contracts.
- Leading the end to end commercial contract cycle, involving strategy, procurement, implementation, management and renewal phases
- Leading the development and implementation of contract strategies to maximise contract value and mitigate risk
- Through specialist knowledge of contract management, identify, manage and deliver competitive tendering strategies to support the business' commercial and performance objectives.
- Working closely with the Procurement team and O&M teams to prepare detailed contract scope for invitations to tender for designated contracts.
- Evaluating the technical and commercial aspects of tender submissions and making recommendations to the Commercial Services Manager, Onshore Management Team and Procurement team
- Leading the negotiation of the commercial aspects of designated contracts to deliver commercial solutions
- Lead audits, assessment of designated suppliers and contractors to support ongoing development of contract strategies to ensure business commercial success and mitigation of associated risks
- Lead commercial meetings with Contractors to manage commercial risks, monitor claims made by either party through detailed contract review and effective supplier relationship management.
- Act as key point of contact for the O&M and Commercial teams in relation to contract timeframes, scope, costs, payments and Budget implications
- Support Commercial Services Manager to deliver the clients annual Opex and Capex budgets for the operational portfolio
- Enact role of SAP requisitioner to ensure that contracts are raised and managed in line with business requirements
- Ensuring alignment of management system (SAP) with contract terms and conditions
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and experience in creation and analysis of detailed contract performance reports, identification of performance issues, development of action plans for resolution of issues and driving performance improvements.
- Good all round understanding of financial, commercial and business principles and risk mitigation practices.
- Ability to determine when optimum commercial terms have been achieved during a negotiation process with justification for recommending such terms for approval.
- Ability to think strategically to ensure commercial guidance supports immediate and long term strategic objectives
- Strong people skills with the ability to form effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and utilise these relationships to successfully deliver role
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to lead and negotiate multiple complex commercial arrangements and discussions
- Thorough understanding of contract implementation and management for short and long term commercial agreements.
- Strong self-performance management and delivery focus with the ability to balance conflicting requirements of quality, cost and time and make decisions in tight timescales.
- Thorough working knowledge of the Commercial elements of the SAP system
- Ability to travel to projects across the UK and Ireland and internationally as required with a valid UK Driving License and Passport
- Degree level qualification
- Experience in commercial and contractual aspects of technology and engineering
- Proven ability to manage negotiation of multiple commercially complex contracts against tight timescales
- Strong ability to manage own performance with focus on delivery within a varied and challenging workload whilst producing high quality results
- Strong computer and general IT literacy, as a minimum MS Office and excel