£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
8 months ago
A wonderful opportunity to join a large, engineering and manufacturing company in Leicestershire for a Continuous Improvement (CI) Specialist. This is an important time for the business and this key position will see you take responsibility for ensuring that the engineering/manufacturing systems capability has a direct impact on the sites business results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Identify, lead and direct operational excellence projects to ensure the continuous improvement of the plant
* Analyse and measure the effectiveness of complex business processes and develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements
* Research best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data
* Collect and analyse process data to develop business practices and procedures that enhance safety, increase productivity and reduce costs
* Determine how new information technologies can support reengineering business processes
* Coach and train employees in knowledge and skills to apply CI and process control concepts and tools.
* Promote a culture of process improvement, reduction in waste and continuous improvement.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
This is an operational excellence management position, hence we seek strong Leaders with proven expertise in the following:
* Significant experience in operating system development and deployment within a large engineering / manufacturing environment
* Expert in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma/DMAIC methodology - including relevant certification - i.e. Six Sigma, Black Belt
* Project Management skills, delivering Operational Excellence / Continuous Improvement projects
* Strong Change Management skills
* Highly driven and hands on
* Experience in either Aerospace, Automotive or similar engineering environment is desirable