21 days ago
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Manager
Location: Cheshire; commutable from Runcorn; Merseyside; Greater Manchester
Salary: Competitive Salary + Bonus
My client is a large FMCG organisation based in Cheshire and are seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager to lead all CI activities across the business. Based across 2 sites within the UK; the primary purpose of this position is to enhance the organisation capability through continuous improvement. The main focus will be on driving performance of plant KPI's through the business scorecard to achieve and exceed production and on-site targets.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
* Support the Operational team in delivering sustainable _World Class_ levels of performance.
* Identify, manage and implement change and improvement initiatives aligned with business strategy/goals.
* Ensures that continuous improvement capability is built into all operational areas.
* Lead the CI team to ensure achievement of projects and practices throughout the business
Primary Functions & Dimensions:
* Work with the site leadership team to develop and manage a portfolio of improvement initiatives and actions, using the A3 process as a primary tool.
* Implement and manage a process to prioritise and effectively execute value adding improvement efforts.
* Ensure internal and external resources are in place to execute improvement projects
* Ensure improvement initiatives deliver on value and cost
* Delivering in house training for practitioners and facilitators
* Promote the sharing of Best Practice across functions and sites
* Experience in delivery of Continuous Improvement
* Practitioner of Lean / Six Sigma
* Experience of Team Development
* Strong leadership, networking and communication skills
* Proven problem solving, facilitation and change management skills
* A strong team player and coach
* Ability to formulate and successfully implement work plans
* Strong project management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple projects within budget and schedule
* Formal qualification in engineering or manufacturing discipline, desirable but not essential.
* Operations or Engineering background with solid understanding and experience of Operations Management, including Maintenance, safety, Quality.
* Preferably Green Belt trained
* Ability to interact with other parts of the organisation and drive alignment.
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 10 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.
If you would like further information about this role contact Anne Oxton on 0161 -. 707 -. 1516 or email anne. oxton@ morson.com