£20.00 - £25.00 per hour
6 months ago
Our Filton Client has a requirement for a Continuous Improvement Engineers to work on contract, this role is deemed inside scope and is PAYE.
Lead and manage all bid activity to secure new work for the assembly business under guidance from the manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Ensure the business achieves its development needs and make a substantial contribution to cost reduction.
To lead, control integrated cost reductions and co-ordinate all engagement regarding Lean.
Manage engineering involvement in the reduction of internal costs and product improvement
* Support new work introduction for the local business.
* Task manage business development projects and plans, based on the direction provided by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager of the local Business.
* Provide functional support at Value Stream level.
* Provide support to the sales and marketing and technology teams relating to all Business development issues.
* Accountable for providing timely responses on all quality and engineering issues raised from activities raised through Continuous Improvement initiatives.
* Ensure compliance to the company's health and safety policies reporting all incidents and near misses as per the company's procedure.
* Ensure that the continuous improvement activities comply with company procedures, work instructions, CAA and environmental regulations.
Must have relevant experience and/or be qualified to at least HNC/degree level in a
Manufacturing Engineering related subject and have working knowledge of Manufacturing
Engineering Processes and Procedures including SAP and project management tools.
* Ideally have a background in Project management / manufacturing within the aerospace industry.
* Agile mind, capable of thinking independently and willing to take those ideas forward
underpinned by experience gained to date.
* Flexibility to work outside of role as and when required to support team activities.
* Aircraft apprenticeship / engineering degree would be an advantage
* Aircraft and manufacturing experience >5 years in industry
* Experience of working in an operations environment
* Strong leadership skills and effective communication skills
* Awareness of HS&E requirements
* Demonstrate a sound working understanding of Lean and 6 sigma methodologies
* Understanding of engineering processes and Quality systems
* Good understanding of continuous improvement tools and techniques
* Comprehensive knowledge of finance/budgeting
* Experience in implementing continuous improvement
* Clear understanding of an aerospace quality management system