£20.00 - £25.00 per hour + PAYE
25 days ago
Our Filton Client has a requirement for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to undertake the below contract, this role is inside of scope and is PAYE.
* To lead, control integrated cost reductions and co-ordinate all engagement regarding Lean Manage engineering involvement in the reduction of internal costs and product improvement activities.
* Experience of working in an operations environment
* Strong leadership skills and effective communication skills
* Awareness of HS&E requirements
* Demonstrate a sound working understanding of Lean and 6 sigma methodologies
* Understanding of engineering processes and Quality systems
* Good understanding of continuous improvement tools and techniques
* Comprehensive knowledge of finance/budgeting
* Experience in implementing continuous improvement
* Clear understanding of an aerospace quality management system
Must have relevant experience and/or be qualified to at least HNC/degree level in a
Manufacturing Engineering related subject and have working knowledge of Manufacturing
Engineering Processes and Procedures including SAP and project management tools.
* Ideally have a background in Project management / manufacturing within the aerospace industry.
* Agile mind, capable of thinking independently and willing to take those ideas forward
underpinned by experience gained to date.
* Flexibility to work outside of role as and when required to support team activities.
* Aircraft apprenticeship / engineering degree would be an advantage
* Aircraft and manufacturing experience >5 years in industry
* Support new work introduction for the local business.
* Task manage business development projects and plans, based on the direction provided by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager of the local Business.
* Provide functional support at Value Stream level.
* Provide support to the sales and marketing and technology teams relating to all Business development issues.
* Accountable for providing timely responses on all quality and engineering issues raised from activities raised through Continuous Improvement initiatives.
* Ensure compliance to the company's health and safety policies reporting all incidents and near misses as per the company's procedure.
* Ensure that the continuous improvement activities comply with company procedures, work instructions, CAA and environmental regulations.