8 months ago
Our client is seeking an Airworthiness Engineer to work within the Single Aisle Continued Airworthiness Team. This is for a contract position expected to run until March 2021.
The jobholder will work to ensure in-service airworthiness topics are progressed and delivered as per process agreed with the Airworthiness Authorities.
The team is looking for a candidate with proven ability in Continued Airworthiness, a working knowledge and understanding of the regulatory Aerospace frameworks would be an advantage. The successful candidate will have the ability work across multiple disciplines, and the ability to manage parallel streams of work to delivering to challenging timescales.
- To work closely with the Design Office to ensure that Airworthiness deliverables are produced on time and to quality.
- Give advice on airworthiness process to Design Office and Local Chief Engineering.
- Prepare and present material at Airworthiness Review Meetings with EASA
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders including Chief Engineering, Customer services, Central airworthiness, Airworthiness Authorities when corrective actions are required in-service
- Ensure the company maintains the type certificate and adheres to the Airworthiness Process as agreed with the Airworthiness Authorities.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Good organisational skills
- Professional manner
- Familiarity with Aerospace regulatory framework
- Broad knowledge of aircraft structure and systems
- Good team-working
- Strong communication skills with all levels of management
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams, and work to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail and use of precise language in written responses
- Capability to develop a strong Airworthiness mindset
Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders. Airworthiness risk assessments include contributions from multiple disciplines that require ratification from Airworthiness and Chief Engineering. Ensuring that airworthiness requirements are taken into account from the start of an investigation so they are reflected in the final deliverable is key. Airworthiness is a particular mindset that requires precise rationale, and an eye for detail.
This is a reactive role to in-service events that allows the successful candidate to gain exposure to multiple systems and structures of the aircraft. No two days are the same within this position, which means you are always learning.