Greater Manchester, England
pension and bonus
2 months ago
Manchester United is the biggest and most valuable football club in the world and one of the most iconic brands in sport.
It has a rich history of success inspiring over 659 million passionate followers and enjoying unparalleled success both on and off the pitch throughout its 138 year heritage.
Manchester United continues to set the global standard with the club's innovative partnership model, driving measurable value into their sponsor's businesses.
As it continues to strive to achieve and meet the demands of an ever-changing business landscape it is seeking to enhance and evolve its commercial services and we are looking for a Content and Media Planner to join our highly effective partnerships team
As a core part of the Partnerships team, the Content and Media Planner will use data-driven insights and learning's to develop and implement highly effective content and media strategies and campaigns for the club's partners, to ensure they maximise the value of their partnerships - and that value is clear and recognised by the partner.
* To devise and deliver content and media campaigns for the partners across club-owned and operated, and third-party platforms
* To manage the development of creative ideas (content) as well as distribution (media)
* To plan the club partnership's including, but not exclusively, the digital campaigns
* To initiate robust and regular market and data analysis to ensure knowledge of marketing channel performance, audience trends and consumer behaviour
* To develop multi-channel media strategies, campaigns and plans
* To ensure these plans are delivered in the most effective, timely and cost-efficient manner
* To evaluate all campaigns, using campaign insights and data mining to create, adapt, adjust and keep updated key target audience personas
* To ensure all campaigns are run within agreed and allocated budgets
* To create campaign performance reports to present to partners and senior management
* To ensure data supports the growth and performance of all partnerships
* To conduct competitor research and monitor competitor activity
* Experienced in social media strategy to increase a digital audience and engagement
* Experience presenting digital strategy and creative ideas to senior management/partners
The own the User Journey - and focus our efforts on achieving maximum positive impact at every stage
Personal characteristics & Experience:
* Educated to degree level or above
* 6 years + demonstrable experience in successfully developing and delivering innovative content-led digital marketing communications strategies, ideally on global brands
* Expert in media analytics (effectiveness, reach, frequency, audiences, measurement and optimisation)
* Experience in understanding research and data with the ability to apply statistical analysis techniques to various business problems
* An in-depth understanding of the digital media marketplace
* A proven understanding of how to own and deliver the "brand user journey"
* Understands how, why and what content works for global brands
* An uncompromising attention to detail and a data-driven analytical approach.
* Creative flare with a curious mind and a keen eye for detail
* Original thinker with the ability to think outside of the box
* Experience and understanding of optimising value from digital communications campaigns for global brands
* Comprehensive experience working across all key digital channels with expertise within CRM
* Outstanding communication and influencing skills are critical
* Self-organising and self-sufficient - can visualise and sell the plan, the story, to partners and colleagues
* A terrific team player
Hours of Work
The employee is required to work 35 hours per week. Hours of work should be planned in accordance with the demands of the business. However, the nature of the role means that unusual hours are to be expected - around match days, partner entertainment and foreign travel.
This document is a guide only. The employee must undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Director of Partnerships and other Executive Management from time to time.
Manchester United is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in our work place.