£53.48 - £60.00 per hour + Umbrella / PAAYE incl holiday (inside IR35)
5 months ago
Consultant Engineer - Systems Engineering
Frimley - 12 month duration - Pay rate £60 p/h Umbrella or £53.48 PAYE including holiday pay (Inside IR35)
We are looking to recruit Consultant Systems Engineers to work for our defence client on next generation nuclear submarines. You will be working with the customer and other stakeholders to interpret and influence the User Needs and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for the combat system or products and be able to derive the technical and functional requirements. Work at the relevant point of the engineering lifecycle to ensure that these systems are designed, built, integrated and accepted into service, with the correct level of authority. This may include working with suppliers to support, manage and oversee the technical aspects of their contributions.
Developing the functional design of that system; its architecture, components and interfaces, and be able to understand the potential impact on the boat and key sub-systems.
Delivering your outputs to agreed time, cost and quality in order to support project and business milestones, and ensuring that your work meets its contractual, safety and environmental obligations.
Providing technical support to shipbuilder installation and/or integration activities (included in-service refitting authorities). You will have or develop an understanding of the customer Operational Defect (OPDEF) and maintenance processes to be able to provide specialist technical advice as required.
Providing technical guidance and to other engineers and support project and engineer management teams in planning and controlling your specialist activities.
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
- Knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work.
- Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations.
- We welcome people with experience of the military, defence and maritime industries, who can use their knowledge and learning to help ensure the client provide the best products into submarines. We are also keen to work with people from other comparable industries, technical fields and working environments who can bring in innovative and fresh thinking to participate and contribute to the important work we do.
- Ability to supervise and provide technical guidance to others and will have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Use of system analysis and design tools such as Enterprise Architect.
- Ability to work in a customer-facing and/or supplier engagement role.
- Member of appropriate professional institution; Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the projects involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a full UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.