7 months ago
Morson International are currently working with a key client involved in high profile water infrastructure projects in the UK and overseas who have an urgent requirement for a Contract Consultant Hydraulic Modeller. This is an urgent requirement to commence asap.
Our client's multidisciplinary Chesterfield office is located within easy commuting distance of the vibrant cities of Sheffield, Nottingham and Derby and on the fringe of the Peak District National Park. With the continued growth of their Chesterfield Water Team a new satellite Water team has been established at their Nottingham office. This Water Team is involved in high profile infrastructure projects in the UK and overseas and are working on a number of locally significant projects for the Environment Agency and Local Authorities.
As a result of their continued success and growth, our client's are seeking a contract Hydraulic Modeller to join their team. As a Consultant, you will provide support and lead on a wide range of modelling projects including flood risk management schemes, flood modelling projects and Flood Risk Assessments working with both private and public sector clients and utilising a range of different modelling approaches and practices.
You will work closely with teams of engineers, hydraulic modellers and technical specialists to deliver flood risk management projects in the UK and overseas. You will support on the delivery of flood risk modelling and hydrology projects, responsible for delivering specific tasks and projects to a high quality. You will support the development of junior members of the team, delegating tasks and supervising inputs. As a team player, you will work as part of an energetic and diverse team to deliver benefits to the communities that our client serves. In return, our client offers an excellent benefits package and exciting and unique career development opportunities with opportunities to innovate and network across the industry. Our client operates a flexible working policy and part time candidates will be considered.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant Engineering or Environmental field.
- Working towards Chartership with a relevant Institution e.g. CIWEM or ICE
Specific Skills Required
- Working knowledge of hydraulic modelling software, such as InfoWorks ICM, FloodModeller Pro, Tuflow and / or MicroDrainage.
- Working knowledge of hydrological software, including FEH and ReFH.
- Working knowledge of GIS software (ArcGIS and / or MapInfo).
- Safeguard - To operate ethically and with integrity, while prioritising safety and security in all that you do
- Be decisive - Know how to prioritise, advocate focus and accountability
- Be impactful - Use clear and frequent communications, drive execution and results.
- Be client-focused - Be collaborative, innovative and strategic.
- Be the role model - Lead by example, demand excellence, maintain safety and integrity as top priorities.
- Hydrology and hydraulic modelling experience
- Working individually and as part of a team to deliver tasks and projects to time and budget
- Experience of working on a range of flood risk management and / or drainage projects
- Experience of working for an Environment Agency WEM Consultant or Water Company Framework Consultant in a related role (desirable).