Up to £57.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Consultant Engineer - Systems Architecture
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £57 per hour LTD
A Systems Engineer is required to apply expert knowledge of Systems Architecture in support of the Submarine Programmes within BAE Systems Submarines. The successful candidate will continue to develop the functional modelling of the next generation of submarine in terms of Strategic, Operational and Functional views. In addition, you will champion the Model Based Engineering approach on behalf of the project.
- Articulate, define and document subject expertise, approaches and standards in order to extend business knowledge base
- Provide technical direction to engineers, ensure teams are skilled, trained and competent such that technical capability objectives are fully achieved
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Recent proven ability of using Enterprise Architect for modelling
- Recent exposure of large scale engineering programmes acting as systems engineering lead in a senior systems architect role
- Significant Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) proven ability, including a wide variety of MBSE tools and techniques
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).