Up to £12.00 per hour + mileage
3 months ago
I am actively seeking a Consultant Ecologist in Nottingham for an expansion of a key clients team in Central England following continuous success and strong order book. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a well-established team and be part of a wider national team of over 100 ecologists. You will be offered support to expand your experience and develop within a structured, friendly team environment.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and organized, with some experience in managing small projects and budgets. Due to the nature of the work, the successful consultant ecologist will be able to be self-reliant, resourceful, and a self-starter. Excellent report-writing skills are a must and experience of some different report types would be very beneficial.
- Organizing and carrying out desk studies and field based habitat, botanical, protected and non-native invasive species surveys.
- Writing Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) and Preliminary Ecological Assessments (PEA);
- Organising and carrying out desk and field-based ecological habitat and species surveys;
- Performing the role of an Ecological Clerk of Works on construction projects;
- Liaising with project managers;
- Compliance with internal business management procedures, including in relation to health and safety and technical quality of all advice and outputs; and
- Undertaking other tasks to support the wider environmental business, as required.
The Nottingham team are working for a variety of clients including National Grid, HS2 Ltd, Environment Agency, Highways England, Sunderland City Council, Hanson Aggregates, Tarmac, Forterra and several Midland County and Local Authorities. A selection of our current and recent projects includes:
- A38 road improvement scheme
- Tattenhoe mixed development in Milton Keynes
- Lincoln Western Growth Corridor mixed development
- HS2 Phase 1; working for enabling works contractors in the north to undertake hundreds of surveys and central where we are designing mitigation sites Major quarry planning application in the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- A46 Coventry junction improvement works
- Melton Mowbray bypass
Have more substantial experience of working as an Ecological Consultant and with a range of field survey and report writing experience;
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: botanical identification, undertaking Phase 1 Habitat and protected species surveys, preferably badgers, great crested newts and/or bats;
- Have experience of managing teams on ecological projects, assisting in the co-ordination of surveys and providing advice to clients on a wide range of topics;
- Detailed knowledge of UK and EC wildlife legislation and policy, as well as working knowledge of Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA);
- Have a proven track record of providing terrestrial ecological inputs to projects, including assessment in accordance with the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) guidelines;
- Experience of ecological watching briefs and Ecology Clerk of Works; and
- Willing to travel to offices and sites within the UK and potentially internationally when required by work demand.
You will hold one or more protected species survey licences;
- You will have a BSc and / or MSc in a biological or environment-related discipline;
- You will show evidence of ongoing vocational training; and
- You will be eligible for or have full membership of CIEEM.
If you would like to apply for the role above please forward your CV
Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted in 3 working days