Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + benefits
7 months ago
Morson International has entered in to a partnership with a telecommunications company to attract the best talent for projects up and down the UK. Our client is an alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure. They are experiencing rapid growth and we are now looking for a Construction Supervisor.
Job Title: FTTP/Metro Construction Supervisor
Location: Project Based
Reports to: FTTP - Construction Manager
Reporting to the FTTP Construction Manager, this role will be responsible for monitoring the onsite delivery of the civil infrastructure for a FTTP network deployment project within a City. The Construction Supervisor will ensure that site operations are carried out on time, to specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines and regulations.
* Ensure and monitor effective site operations and coordination of works compliant to NRSWA and Health & Safety requirements.
* Ensure all work on site is carried out to adequate standards as stated in contractual specification by conducting site audits.
* Maintain productivity objectives as set by the Activations Manager.
* Co-ordinate, capture and present the financial sign off for the completed works by the Sub Contractor to the Activations Manager.
* Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones. Highlighting any risks that may have arisen to the Activations Manager.
* Ensure all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project.
* Ensure all customer documentation is completed and checked in accordance with client requirements.
* Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities and other Utilities companies to coordinate works where required to fulfil the project delivery milestones.
* Ensure all site-specific method statements/risk assessments are in place.
* Public liaison duties required.
* Deputising for the Activations Manager at Customer & Supplier meetings.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* Utilities Supervisory Experience
* NRSWA / Highways Experience
* Intermediate in MS Office (Outlook, Excel & Word)
* OSP Telecoms network installation
* Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
* Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments
* Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
* Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA)
* Experience of using ICC form of contract and knowledge of NEC3 ECC form of contract
* Proven ability to identify and action _add on_ sale opportunities
* Experience of CRM systems - Salesforce
* BTEC in Construction or Equivalent or 5 years + OSP Fibre network experience.
* NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor Certification Units 1,10-16
* Full Clean Driving Licence
* Institution of occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) - Managing Safely
* Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 foundation
* Civil Engineering qualifications
* CSCS Construction Site Supervisor Card
* Ability to travel around the area
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Creative and strategic thinking
* Effective organisational skills
* Ability to build strong working relationships
* Resourceful and confident
* Delivery orientated
Please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International for further information.