£32000.00 - £33000.00 per annum + benefits
5 months ago
Morson International is working with a leading provider of wholesale fibre networks in the UK and are expanding at an ever increasing rate. As part of these expansion plans we are now looking for a:
Construction Supervisor - Edinburgh
Reporting to the FTTP Construction Manager, this role will be responsible for monitoring the onsite delivery of the civil infrastructure for a FTTP network deployment project within a City. The Construction Supervisor will ensure that site operations are carried out on time, to specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines and regulations.
* Ensure and monitor effective site operations and coordination of works compliant to NRSWA and Health & Safety requirements.
* Ensure all work on site is carried out to adequate standards as stated in contractual specification by conducting site audits.
* Maintain productivity objectives as set by the Activations Manager.
* Co-ordinate, capture and present the financial sign off for the completed works by the Sub Contractor to the Activations Manager.
* Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones. Highlighting any risks that may have arisen to the Activations Manager.
* Ensure all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project.
* Ensure all customer documentation is completed and checked in accordance with client requirements.
* Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities and other Utilities companies to coordinate works where required to fulfil the project delivery milestones.
* Ensure all site-specific method statements/risk assessments are in place.
* Public liaison duties required.
* Deputising for the Activations Manager at Customer & Supplier meetings.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* Utilities Supervisory Experience
* NRSWA / Highways Experience
* Intermediate in MS Office (Outlook, Excel & Word)
* OSP Telecoms network installation
* Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
* Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments
* Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
* Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA)
* Experience of using ICC form of contract and knowledge of NEC3 ECC form of contract
* Proven ability to identify and action _add on_ sale opportunities
* Experience of CRM systems - Salesforce
* BTEC in Construction or Equivalent or 5 years + OSP Fibre network experience
* NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor Certification Units 1,10-16
* Full Clean Driving Licence
* Institution of occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) - Managing Safely
* Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 foundation
* Civil Engineering qualifications
* CSCS Construction Site Supervisor Card
For further information please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International.