Up to £0.00 per annum + £28-30
22 days ago
6 months plus
CORE DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Monitor the site construction activities to ensure the safe delivery of projects. Ensure all construction is being undertaken in compliance with all mandatory legislation, paying particular attention to the current Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regs.
2. Ensure the agreed Safe System of Work is being implemented and that all necessary permits-to-work are in place at the required time and in sufficient detail.
3. Ensure that a suitable and sufficient risk assessment is in place for all construction activities and where appropriate a suitable method statement. Review and agree the content of all risk assessments and method statements then monitor the contractor compliance with the agreed ways of working and manage any changes.
4. Ensure all mandatory site signage is in place, that all Health and Safety information is clearly displayed on site and that the site is kept secure.
5. Report all accidents and incidents on site to the Site Construction Lead. Escalate any other Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) issues as appropriate.
6. Attend all relevant project meetings and support the construction engineer/lead in the development of construction strategies and estimates.
7. Work with the contractors to assist in co-ordinating construction activities and site access to enable work to progress in accordance with the construction schedule.
8. Monitor and report on the site safety, quality, management performance and progress of the work in line with the agreed audit plans. Assist the construction team in setting appropriate targets for improvement.
9. Maintain awareness of Change Advice Notes (CAN's)/variations/instructions/change log control to enable necessary changes in requirements to be planned and progressed within the contract.
10. Ensure all operatives are site inducted and instructed in and comply with the site rules for contractors employees, and UK SHE and local safety and emergency procedures.
11. Ensure Residual Risk Register actions are regularly reviewed and closed out in a timely manner.
12. Verify the contractor resources expended when work is instructed on a day work basis.
13. Develop and own the incomplete works/snag list for the project and ensure all work is closed out in a timely manner.
14. Assist as required in the resolution of construction compound and welfare facilities issues.
15. Confirm reading and understanding of all applicable Procedures and Guidelines. Perform all duties in line with clients Procedures under construction superintendent.
16 Contribute to Continuous Improvement initiatives to improve the performance (deliver incremental and step changes in performance) of Project Management. These initiatives will cut across organizational boundaries.