Up to £38.50 per hour + Ltd Co rate
14 days ago
Construction / Installation Engineer
To strengthen the BAE AIR business, an opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the existing Investment Projects team, working across Warton Unit, as a Specialist Works Service Engineer. The role is based at Samlesbury site, but flexibility in working across the unit is expected.
The role involves the following:
* Interpretation of site customer requirements, leading to the preparation of design specifications, implementation plans and financial business cases.
* Close liaison with site customers and engineering professionals both internally and external to BAE systems (e.g. Estates Services, Fire, Security, Risk Management, Infrastructure and Maintenance)
* Co-ordination and managing project teams, consultants and contractors to effectively resource the project design and implementation phases
* Management of Health & Safety aspects throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring projects are designed, coordinated and implemented in line with current company processes and statutory health and safety legislation.
* Liaising, applying for and achieving the required Statutory & Local Authority approvals
* Application of technical skills to work towards ensuring all relevant BAE / industry standards are achieved and costs are minimised where possible.
* Ensuring that all projects are delivered in accordance with company and departmental quality procedures.
* Undertaking site inspections and checks of the working environment in respect of the tasks being undertaken by the Construction contractors, producing site inspection reports, "Go look Sees", identification of defective works, reviewing method statements, witness testing and commissioning.
* Monitoring and managing implementation progress against the agreed design, programme and quality plans, to achieve the project objectives and progress milestones.
* Managing the handover, acceptance and defect management process to the satisfaction of the customer.
* Supporting any agreed customer transition, fit out and/or capability insertion phases, with close interface with the respective project team, stakeholders and customer.
To fulfil the role, you should possess the following demonstrable skills or experience:
* Construction related HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent