5 days ago
Construction Project Manager, Permanent, Abingdon
This post will provide project management of our Clients construction projects from conception to completion across all the RIBA stages, in line with the Property Strategy, regulatory requirements, and Clients practices and procedures ensuring delivery of projects to time, cost and quality.
* Post holder will be accountable to the Project Sponsor for individual projects, the Head of Property for the delivery of project portfolios and the line manager for management reporting.
* This post holder will be responsible for: -
* Delivering of a portfolio of building construction project(s) for the Property Unit and wider area within the property strategy and Clients Development Plan. Budget(s) circa £3-15m
* The robust project management of the construction projects including strategy, procurement, budgets, milestones, deliverables, execution, QA, risk, performance reporting, change management, etc.
* The management of the team of external professional service providers delivering the key civil, mechanical and electrical designs for building management and operation.
* Client Liaison: - managing the internal and external stakeholders for individual projects.
* To use expert knowledge to interface widely across the company and to ensure any technical specialists or ATO holders are appropriately engaged before during and after the works.
* Application and management of BIM level 2 requirements to new build projects.
* Programme Management: Responsible for managing a series of projects concurrently.
* The identification, management and reporting of risks associated with the construction project.
* To ensure that all relevant statutory & environmental approvals are obtained prior to works commencing and that relevant safety management regulations are considered.
* To ensure that the Client Site working procedures and other statutory regulations are observed whilst the above works are undertaken
* Responsible for the management of construction project budgets ensuring delivery of best value within company procurement processes and financial regulations
* Construction projects typically range in value from £3m - £15m
Qualifications and Experience:-
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or construction discipline
* Chartered status of an appropriate professional body, e.g. Chartered Institute of Building
* The post requires a wide range of technical and engineering skills to deal with the wide variety of building and project types.
* Three or more years' experience of delivering high profile construction projects, preferably in the public sector.
* The post requires a good range of project-related skills and experience. These include project planning and implementation, financial control, the assessment of contract strategies, contract supervision safety and associated environmental management.
* Demonstrable experience of managing internal and external stakeholders at different levels.
* Contracts: Demonstrable knowledge and extensive experience of the administration of the NEC form of contract.
* Experienced in the use of the normal range of business and project management software as well as CAD capability and BIM awareness.
* Working knowledge and understanding of current construction legislation and its application.
* Safety Management: A good working knowledge of the Construction Design and Management Regulations with demonstrable experience of site safety management.
* To use technical expertise to work with Building Managers to advise and help them prioritise Forward Maintenance Plan projects.
* Formulating and maintaining a set of building specifications which are appropriate for the delivery of multi purpose scientific buildings incorporating office, laboratory and workshop space