West End, London
8 months ago
Construction Planning Manager, Contract , London SW1Y 4PE
To develop the overall construction plan for Bradwell B and provide input to the wider Bradwell B project development activities (including planning and consents, licensing, enabling works and associated developments, engineering feasibility/ design, cost estimate and delivery model) on matters relating to construction.
The Construction Planning Manager will lead the interface with CNPEC construction teams, UK construction planning consultants and the UK construction supply chain through multiple phases of Early Contractor Engagement.
Specific areas of focus will include: Construction management, construction masterplan and phasing code of construction practice, construction techniques and methodologies (taking into account UK context including EHSSQ), modularisation and pre-fabrication, logistics strategies/ requirements, manpower curves and workforce productivity, construction quantities, industrial relations strategy,
Independently responsible for the following work:
1. Manage all Construction Planning activities required to develop the overall plan for implementation of Bradwell B from completion of Enabling Works through to Commercial Operation (COD).
2. Define and deliver (with CNPEC and UK supply chain) a programme of work to evaluate all construction risks and opportunities (particularly those associated with UK context risks against the Chinese reference project) focussed on optimising, validating assumptions, building confidence and reducing uncertainties in the schedule to COD. Manage project cost, schedule and deliverables in accordance with BRB processes and procedures.
3. Provide construction advice and input to buildability reviews including promoting use of modern construction methods.
4. Source benchmarking data and conduct market testing with the UK supply chain.
5. Specify and procure UK supply chain services working closely with BRB Commercial department in accordance with BRB procurement processes.
6. Working with CNPEC and the UK supply chain to develop programme wide logistics solutions and strategy.
7. Work with the UK supply chain to develop a clear outline methodology for delivery of the works.
8. Produce Sequence and phasing diagrams.
9. Ensure development of Construction Plot Plan, construction descriptions, Code of Construction Practice and other required documents to meet DCO consultation and application requirements.
10.Work with other team members to ensure integration of Construction Planning, Enabling/ Site Preparation and Associated Development scopes of work and schedules.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
This is a key role in the Bradwell B project development team. The post holder must have significant construction experience across UK infrastructure/ energy sectors ideally with direct experience of planning and delivering nuclear new build projects.
The post holder will be expected to take a broad view across the project whilst showing a keen attention to detail in particular areas, balancing different views and perspectives from both suppliers, stakeholders and shareholders. Interpersonal and influencing skills will be vital as well as the foresight to identify and prioritise potential construction risks/ opportunities, problem solving skills to define plans of work to further evaluate these and the ability to present results and conclusions clearly and concisely.
To be minimally qualified for this role, a candidate must have:
1. Significant experience of developing and implementing major infrastructure/ nuclear new build projects and/or large programmes of similar complexity in a highly regulated environment.
2. Expertise in construction management and construction methodologies across groundworks, civil/ building, mechanical/ electrical works.
3. Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject and chartered members of a relevant institute (or able to demonstrate equivalent professional experience).
4. Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, able to build strong working relationships, influence others and work collaboratively.
5. Strong presentation skills, able to communicate effectively and interact with senior leaders and executives.
6. Experience of working in a multi-culture, international environment.
7. Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail