2 months ago
Construction Manager, Contract, Bristol, ASAP Start
The successful candidate(s) will be part of the Clients Construction Management Team where they will initially be responsible for undertaking constructability reviews to develop construction strategies for the installation of plant and equipment on site. On completion of the study, the production of the associated Safe Systems of Work including method statements, risk assessments, inspection and test plans etc
Roles and Responsibilities:-
- To chair project constructability or build-ability reviews.
- To articulate and agree construction strategies with team members, the client, design engineering, interfacing contractors and service providers as required for the project and generate technical reports as necessary.
- Co-ordinate with the Design Authority in selection of personnel providing 'Design Functions' in the location.
- Be a constructive representative in design reviews and studies.
- To provide input to Safety case and associated construction requirements
- Generate associated Safe Systems of Work (method statements, risk assessments) for the safe installation of plant and equipment on site, in accordance with company and client procedures and applicable UK legislation.
- Plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate construction activities including health & safety matters during all phases of the project.
- When deployed to location the Construction Manager (Technical) will be multi SQEP against specific disciplines in accordance with the project assignments, as required. 9) To agree construction strategies with Engineering Department as required for the project.
- Minimum HNC in an appropriate mechanical engineering discipline.
- Experience of large scale multi-discipline construction projects and high integrity piping design and installation preferred.
- IOSH Managing Safely or other equivalent H&S qualification preferred
The role will initially be based at Aztec West but will eventually transfer onto site. Some UK travel will be expected in supporting the constructability reviews and may include travel to France.