South Lanarkshire, Scotland
£250.00 - £320.00 per day
5 months ago
Our client a leading Energy company are seeking a Construction Manager - Underground Cables for an on-going contract role based in South Lanarkshire.
* Responsible for project technical input for planning & development stages including supporting the build-up of all pre-construction information.
* Provide technical expertise to project delivery strategy, project programme, and support & assist the principal designer to coordinate the design stages.
* Assist with the delivery strategy & preparation of contract bid packages of work.
* Lead the technical analysis for each contract & proactively resolve technical queries this includes leading the technical evaluation of each bid to meet key milestone dates for award and site start.
* Acting as the Principal Contractor on the project in line with CDM regs 2015.
* Leadership of the Construction Management Team (CMT) providing technical support, & advice, primarily in relation to all civil, cable, & associated overhead line or substation connections during the construction stage for transmission projects this will include monitoring of the works.
* Manage and deliver site works to meet commercial conditions of contract including minimising delays and claims for variations.
* Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and in a team consisting of Project Management, Quantity Surveyor's, Engineers, Safety, Environmental and Quality advisors.
* Responsibility to proactively plan and monitor the project and contractors programmes to meet agreed key dates or milestones.
* Experienced in application of Quality procedures and checks against activities.
* Experienced in site environmental legislation, waste, and mitigation.
* In depth knowledge of all quality standards and specifications with a focus on planning & monitoring of the works using the contractor's inspection and testing regime this will include control over all material and free issue equipment.
* Support & Coordinate project development design, planning, estates, & wayleaves & procurement stages to support contractor access requirements.
* Ability to proactively liaise & interface with SPEN transmission operational staff Protection Engineers and SAP understand & implement safety from the system support commissioning stages and provide technical assistance during commissioning panel meetings.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Significant experience in managing transmission construction projects
* Experience in planning and management of both HV & EHV Underground Cable Installations this should include civil duct installation and HV cable installation, horizontal directional drillings, joint bays, jointing works, Outdoor Sealing Ends and terminations, Fibre Optic connections including connections and testing at predominantly 33KV voltage levels and above.
* It is integral that the individual has experience working on the public road network working within the confines of the New Roads and Street Works act and is familiar with council road opening and closing notices and specific traffic management requirements.
* Strong leadership & planning skills.
* Experienced in the management of NEC Option B conditions of contract.
* Ability to implement and monitor quality assurance and environmental processes.
* Significant experience in all current Health and Safety legislation & understand CDM 2015 regs & duty holder roles most notably in delivering the Principal Contractor role.
* Knowledge of specification, design, maintenance, construction and commissioning of HV & EHV Underground Cable installation and test. Fibre Optic installations and joints.
* Proven ability to lead and work in a team and contractor's environment.
* Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
* Essential must have as a minimum five year's experience as a Construction Manager delivering the Principal Contractor role and managing multiple contractors in the power sector on EHV or HV Cable type projects.
* Preferred BEng in Electrical Power Engineering or Significant on-site experience (5 years minimum), in managing HV & EHV Underground Cable construction projects in the power sector.
* SP Energy Networks authorisations up to 400kV.
* Excellent IT skills.
* NRSWA Supervisor- Valid and in date
* Full clean driving licence - Business insurance
* Current five days SMSTS or equivalent.
* First Aid is essential