South Lanarkshire, Scotland
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client, a leading Energy company are seeking a Construction Manager (OHL) for an on-going contract role based in South Lanarkshire.
Essential must have as a minimum five years' experience as a Construction Manager delivering the Principal Contractor role and managing multiple contractors in the power sector.
Experience in planning and management of transmission overhead line works
Preferred BEng in Electrical Power Engineering or Significant on-site experience (5 years minimum), in managing construction projects in the power sector.
SP Energy Networks authorisations up to 400Kv WI/1 & EN2.
* Responsible for project technical input for planning & development stages including supporting the build-up of all pre-construction information.
* Provide technical expertise to project delivery strategy, project programme, and support & assist the principal designer to coordinate the design stages.
* Assist with the delivery strategy & preparation of contract bid packages of work.
* Lead the technical analysis for each contract & proactively resolve technical queries this includes leading the technical evaluation of each bid to meet key milestone dates for award and site start.
* Acting as the Clients Representative duties will include monitoring the Principal Contractor on the project in line with CDM regs 2015.
* Leadership of the Construction Management Team (CMT) providing technical support, & advice, primarily in relation to all civil & electrical aspects of the construction stage for transmission projects this will include management of a number of onsite contractors.
* Manage and deliver site works to meet commercial conditions of contract including minimising delays and claims for variations.
* Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and in a team consisting of Project Management, Quantity Surveyor's, Engineers, Safety, Environmental and Quality advisors.
* Responsibility to proactively plan and monitor project and contractors programmes to meet agreed key dates or milestones.
* Experienced in site environmental legislation, waste, and mitigation.
* In depth knowledge of all quality standards and specifications with a particular focus on planning & monitoring of the works using the contractor's inspection and testing regime this will include control over all material and free issue equipment.
* Support & Coordinate project development design, planning, estates, & wayleaves & procurement stages to support contractor access requirements.
* Ability to proactively liaise & interface with clients transmission operational staff Protection Engineers and SAP understand & implement safety from the system support commissioning stages and provide technical assistance during commissioning panel meetings.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* The candidates should have experience in planning and management of transmission overhead line works including new build construction 132/275/400kV construction (wood pole and towers) / accesses / foundation installation and remediation works / re-insulation / re-spacering / re-conductoring / tower painting / catenary support systems / condition assessment and enabling works packages.
* Strong leadership & planning skills.
* Experienced in the management of NEC Option B & EPC type contracts.
* Ability to implement quality assurance and environmental processes.
* Candidate should have significant experience in all current Health and Safety and Environmental legislation and understand:
New Roads and Street Works Act.
* Knowledge of specification, design, maintenance, construction and commissioning of OHL's.
* Proven ability to lead and work in a team and contractors environment.