£50.00 - £60.00 per hour
22 days ago
To be part of a project team delivering an innovative nuclear facility at the Sizewell A plant. The project is a decommissioning facility. The Construction manager will be based at the Sizewell site and will be responsible for the site management and delivery of the project. The project is one that involves the construction of a prefabricated building and will include for concrete cutting and the installation of a lift and a gantry crane.
Set-up and operation of the construction site in accordance with CNL Operations Group procedures
Accountable for H&S Management
Management of radiological safety
Interfacing with other functions - Engineering, QA/QC, HS&E, RPA, Procurement etc
Supporting the project manager in management of commercial, progress, programme etc
Management of the SSOW process - including production and review of RAMS and interface with Client management systems
Maintenance of documentation systems - training records, security clearances, inductions, tool box talks.
The individual will need to be able to manage their own outputs and develop their own programmes to suit the business requirements and guidelines provided.
This is a senior post and the suitable individual will be able to meet and negotiate with clients, project stake holders, management and suppliers.
The suitable person will have a high level of communication skills and work with limited supervision.
The individual must have a proven record of delivering projects.
The individual will be prepared and able to embrace and contribute to an innovative approach to design and construction.
The individual will have a good understanding of fire safety legislation and have a positive approach to good practice design to ensure fire safety standards are upheld and maintained during all site activities.
* Assessing and promoting approaches where innovation can be used to deliver project economies.
* Ensuring that Collaboration and technical solutions take full cognisance of all relevant requirements such as security, legislation and the principles of CDM.
* Safety is of paramount importance in the nuclear industry and all employees must take full account of this.
* Security is of high importance in the nuclear industry and all employees must manage this criteria effectively and take account of ONR guidance. Guidance will be given within the CS&A team.
* Ensuring that adequate Reviewing, Verifying and Approval is undertaken on all deliverables.
* Ideally, the suitable candidate will have previously worked on other nuclear facilities.
* Member of a chartered body or of senior level of experience to demonstrate equivalence in terms of competence.
* The suitable applicant will have a flexible approach to work requirements and will be prepared to contribute to the business in any way that may be deemed appropriate and within their skillset.
* Accurately report on a periodic basis, specified by the Technical Lead on a project.
* Working with junior members of staff to support their training and development through identifying opportunities, mentoring and support on tasks.
* Consider, act upon and record health, safety and environment issues at all stages of the design process.