about 2 months ago
To provide project construction management capabilities across the work packages.
The position covers the full project lifecycle from project initiation, through to project delivery stages and closure.
The main function of this role is at take up the responsibility of Principle Contractor on behalf of the company for all work packages. Since the project is executed on the UK site, the Construction Manager will work closely with other Construction Managers, to ensure alignment with site processes and procedures. This will involve, but not limited to:
- Plan, manage, monitor and coordinate the entire construction phase
- Take account of the health and safety risks to everyone affected by the work (including members of the public), in planning and managing the measures needed to control them
- Liaise with the client and principal designer for the duration of the project to ensure that all risks are effectively managed
- Prepare a written construction phase plan (PDF) before the construction phase begins, implement, and then regularly review and revise it to make sure it remains fit for purpose
- Have ongoing arrangements in place for managing health and safety throughout the construction phase
- Consult and engage with workers about their health, safety and welfare
- Ensure suitable welfare facilities are provided from the start and maintained throughout the construction phase
- Check that anyone they appoint has the skills, knowledge, experience and, where relevant, the organisational capability to carry out their work safely and without risk to health
- Ensure all workers have site-specific inductions, and any further information and training they need
- Take steps to prevent unauthorised access to the site
- Liaise with the principal designer to share any information relevant to the planning, management, monitoring and coordination of the pre-construction phase
- Ideally you will need to be SC cleared