Up to £0.00 per annum
14 days ago
Construction Manager Compliance - 10 Dock Enabling Works, Contract, Devonport Royal Dockyard
MUST BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE SC AS ACCESS TO SRC AND 10 DOCK REQUIRED
10 Dock is a major infrastructure upgrade and modernisation programme within Devonport Royal Dockyard seeking to design and build major new facilities over the next 5 years to support the Ministry of Defence. The infrastructure programme is current finalising the concept design and seeking to mobilise further resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase as well as commencing onsite physical enabling works to support the longer term construction contract.
To ensure compliance of all 10 dock construction works with regard Principal Contractor CDM duties and the relevant HSE procedures. Duties will be directed by the 10 Dock Construction and Enabling works Project Manager with a Reporting line to the MIP Principal Contractor Lead
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
- Take account of the health and safety risks to everyone affected by the work (including external project parties), in planning and managing the measures needed to control them Site Management of the specialist site operations associated with the enabling works packages.
- To implement and comply with the project SHE requirements and legal obligations Liaise with the client, principal designer and the principal contractor leads for the duration of the project to ensure that all risks are effectively managed Support the authoring of the Construction Phase Plan Implement and regularly review the CPP to make sure it remains fit for purpose and revise as required Develops tasking orders to secure the provision of internal and external resources and manages their delivery Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources.
- Ensure ongoing arrangements in place for managing health and safety throughout the construction phase Responsible for forming and managing effective relationships with project stakeholders Responsible for managing third party suppliers to achieve the desired project HSE objectives.
- Consult and engage with workers about their health, safety and welfare Support the HSE appointments to ensure they have the skills, knowledge, experience and, where relevant, the organisational capability to carry out their work safely and without risk to health Identify and schedule resource to support in delivering the key role responsibilities Support the selection of contractors Liaise with the principal designer and principal contractor leads to share any information relevant to the planning, management, monitoring and coordination of the pre-construction phase Undertake aspects of stakeholder management and communications activities are required and support development of stakeholder management plans.
- Support development and maintain the pre-construction information required for the various projects.
- To work alongside other package/project managers to integrate delivery and identify relationships.
- Takes the lead on managing the delivery of the works in line with HSE requirements including the responsibilities established as part of the CDM compliance procedures.
- Plays a key role in procuring, controlling, managing and coordinating construction packages
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Construction management or Construction Safety qualifications.
- Site Safety Management accreditation.
- Previous site management and HSE experience of similar Civil Engineering Construction projects.