Birmingham, West Midlands
£320 - £420 per day
Rail Technical Team
24 days ago
We are looking to recruit a Construction Manager working for one of our large rail clients based in Birmingham.
Job purpose 'Act as the clients day-to-day site representative to monitor so that the contractor's site activities are conducted in a safe and efficient manner with minimum impact on the environment and operational railway, and the work is of a high standard and in accordance with the relevant specifications and latest practices.'
Time split 50/50 between office and site.
In office reviewing plans and documents for the delivery of the works advising on its adequacy.
Time on site reviewing that works are being constructed safely and in accordance with the design.
Experience of delivering drainage, culvert renewal, brickwork repairs, tunnel repairs, earthworks.
* Relevant successful construction experience in railway industry.
* Environmental awareness.
* Driver for behavioural change.
* Good communication skills.
* Commercial awareness.
* Ability to manage a principal contractor and their subcontractors.
* CSCS/CITB scheme/NEBOSH certificate.
* Safety management awareness/training.
* Six Sigma Yellow Belt.