Manchester, Greater Manchester
£300.00 - £350.00 per day
6 months ago
My client are a leading Tier 1 Contractor who are building various high-rise ,new build apartments across the UK. They are looking for a Construction Manager to assist with a full Fit out package for 3 tower blocks on a £120m scheme in Manchester city centre.
You will be a part of the project team, reporting to the Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing the design, co-ordination and management of Site managers/Foreman and all sub-contractors employed in a variety of trades within the respective area of works.
The role requires a high-level of interfacing between internal departments and external agencies, such as Architects, Engineers, Construction Workers, Sub-contractors, Client agents, Clerk of Works and Site Staff.
- Working with the Commercial staff write the Scope of Works for each package, for which he/she is responsible for
Co-ordination and management of sub-contractors
- Manage and plan Site management team, holding regular meeting for updates and plan for works to be carried out.
- Ensure SRM obligations to sub-contractor are understood and discharged.
- Organise and lead regular site progress meetings with sub-contractors to monitor progress, quality and safety, ensuring the Chief Engineer and Project Manager/Project Director are updated on all issues
- Managing the technical aspects of the on and off site works.
- Be the principal point of contact responsible for all works related to a package of works including coordination between packages.
- Review package tender information produced by the Design Team and comment where appropriate.
- Ensure that the sub-contractor are working to the latest design info and provide technical advice and support where required.
- Review interfaces with adjacent activities and ensure that they are properly coordinated and communicated
- Participation in the daily activity briefing and weekly sub-contractor coordination meetings to ensure that areas under their responsibility are kept on programme
- Monitoring progress against the weekly programmes on a daily basis
- Produce and maintain short term look ahead programmes
- Ensure sub-contractors meet their requirements with respect to programme, quality, safety, and sustainability issues
- Producing, reviewing and approving (as and when authorised) risk assessments, method statement and Inspection & Test Plans (I&TP)
- Monitoring the implementation of the method statements and I&TPs
- Carrying out and recording of surveillance's and inspections
- Ensure that all sub-contractors are working to the latest design information and provide technical support when required
- Checking workmanship and material for compliance with construction issue drawings and specifications
- Read and understand all relevant drawings relating to their area of works and assess/advise on build-ability and product selection
- Ensure quality construction standards and suitable construction techniques are adopted and maintained in order to provide a defect free end product
- Monitor and report on sub-contractor performance from a design, delivery, build, programme, quality, environmental, safety and commercial prospective and take action where appropriate.
- Ensure, method, sequence and resource required to deliver the activity is thoroughly planned, programmed and delivered
- Procurement of materials through the buying department
- Recording any events which affect the day's activities in a comprehensive site diary (e.g. weather, resource availability, instructions received, interfaces with other tasks etc. etc.) and update detailed progress reports, daily diaries changes and issues for areas of responsibility
- Take ownership for the health and safety for areas under their control including full sub-contractor risk assessment and method statement's sign off
- Ensuring samples are submitted and approved
- To liaise with all levels of staff within the project, site staff, sub-contractors, to ensure the effective delivery of all packages
- Set up regular, clear lines of communication to address issues that may arise
- Advise the Project Manager/Project Director and Commercial Manager of any cost/program implications of the sub-contractor site activities particularly related to delay or change
- 5+ Years' experience in a similar role and environment.
- Associate or graduate membership of construction industry related Professional Body (e.g CIOB,ICE) (PREFERRED)
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- First Aid at Work
- Fire Marshall
Hours of work will be Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm .