£285.00 - £315.00 per day
5 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a M&E Construction Inspector who specialises within the M&E field (in particular with Comms experience)
The Inspector is responsible to ensure that works are undertaken in accordance with agreed method statements risk assessments, programmes and works plans. Some of the works will require a Network Rail interface, experience of NR works practices may be an advantage.
THIS ROLE IS INSIDE OF IR35 AND AS SUCH WILL NEED TO BE SET UP ON A PAYE OR UMBRELLA BASIS. LIMITED COMPANIES OR PSC'S WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.
The M&E Construction Inspector will be accountable for the following:
- Carry out Station inspections to determine asset condition working with the contractors' engineers.
- Carry out random inspections of works whilst patrolling the Crossrail worksites
- Establish positive working relationships with contractors site supervisory & management teams to ensure their understanding of the requirements
- Report on accidents and incidents and other significant engineering issues.
- Daily progress report at the end of each shift.
The Skills, experience and capabilities expected of the M&E Construction Inspector
- Previous experience as an Inspector of Works is essential.
- Management experience on major works or programmes consisting of multiple design-build or traditional construction contracts and projects
- Thorough knowledge of the range of M&E assets
- Qualified to at least HNC level preferred.
- Working knowledge of asset management principles and strategies.
- Extensive experience of construction and/or maintenance activities in the LU / NR operating environment.
- Knowledge of LU PPP/PFI working practices and contracts an advantage.
- LU qualifications as Protection Master or Site Person in Charge would be an advantage.
- A background as a technical senior supervisor would also be an advantage.
- NR PTS would be an advantage.
The role will require works in day/night/engineering hours and is likely to entail working shifts on an organised rota as the project moves to completion.
In order to apply for the M&E Construction Inspector or for a confidential chat please send your CV and contact details through via this advert.