8 months ago
Construction Engineer, Nuclear, Bristol
The Construction Engineer will undertake mechanical construction related activities associated with the Clients Balance of Nuclear Island project.
The successful candidate(s) will be part of the Clients Nuclear Construction Team where they will initially be responsible for undertaking constructability reviews to develop construction strategies for the installation of plant and equipment on site. On completion of the study, the production of the associated Safe Systems of Work including method statements, risk assessments, inspection and test plans.
Roles and Responsibilities (Technical)
- To participate in project constructability or build-ability reviews.
- To articulate and agree construction strategies with team members, the client, design engineering, interfacing contractors and service providers as required for the project and generate technical reports as necessary.
- To provide input into design and construction risk assessments, CDM reviews, HAZOPS and HAZID studies and associated construction requirements.
- Generate associated Safe Systems of Work (method statements, risk assessments) for the safe installation of plant and equipment on site, in accordance with company and client procedures and applicable UK legislation.
- Plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate health & safety matters during all phases of the project.
- Undertake other work, assessed to be within their capability, as directed by the Construction Manager.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum HNC in an appropriate mechanical engineering discipline.
- Experience of large scale multi-discipline construction projects and high integrity piping design and installation preferred.
- IOSH Managing Safely or other equivalent H&S qualification preferredSome UK travel will be expected in supporting the constructability reviews and may include travel to France.
- The role will initially be based at Aztec West but will eventually transfer onto site.