£55000 - £65000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Construction Emergency Preparedness Assurance Lead , Bridgwater
To Lead the Construction Emergency Preparedness Assurance Programme across the Clients Site focusing on assurance of contractor's construction Emergency Arrangements. To be the lead liaison with the Clients Contractors, giving advice and guidance to ensure a consistent and integrated approach to construction emergency arrangements.
The post is also expected to support the Emergency Preparedness Team in management of the Clients Emergency Arrangements across the construction Site.
Framework & Boundaries
* Manage the Emergency Preparedness assurance programme focusing on the construction safety elements of emergency arrangements ensuring compliance with regulations and organisational requirements. This will include assuring construction arrangements, RAMS, Incident Management Plans and arrangements developed by contractors deployed on site
* Liaise with various Clients departments and contractors to ensure an integrated approach to construction Emergency Preparedness & Response
* Liaison with contractors, giving advice on construction emergency arrangements issues for the construction site
* Support the Emergency Exercise Programme as required.
* Lead and Manage the Construction Emergency Preparedness Contractor Assurance Programme
* Focus on the Construction Safety Elements of Emergency Preparedness Assurance
* To be the key contact for Contractors Emergency Preparedness Leads, giving advice and guidance on meeting site construction safety Emergency Preparedness requirements
* Be the link between the construction safety team and the emergency preparedness team
* Inspect contractor emergency facilities and equipment to ensure that they are maintained to a high standard and in a state of operationally readiness and make any recommendations relevant to deficiencies found
* Assist with the preparation and review of the documentation related to construction safety emergency arrangements
* Assist with the planning and delivery of emergency exercises to validate and demonstrate all aspects of the site's construction emergency arrangements
* Represent Clients Emergency Preparedness at internal and external meetings including liaison with multi- agency partners and contractors
* Directly supports the sites' response and recovery during an incident as required
* To maintain levels of professional knowledge to ensure best practice is disseminated
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
Knowledge & Skills
* Detailed knowledge of construction safety requirements
* Effective negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with professional and managerial disciplines
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to assimilate, analyse and present complex problems, identify necessary action, make recommendations and ensure actions are implemented
* Ability to be self-motivating and manage own work load and priorities to meet the team's goals and targets
* Understanding of the principles of risk assessment including dynamic risk assessment
* Good organisational skills with practical and methodical project planning and ability to manage a number of concurrent schemes
* Knowledge of construction safety risk management techniques
* Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation effecting construction safety and emergency preparedness on site.
Qualifications & Experience
* Educated to degree level or an equivalent level of relevant experience
* Experience in a construction environment dealing with multiple interfaces and stakeholders
* Experience of managing construction related incidents
* Experience in construction safety management
* Experience of successfully developing and implementing emergency or operational plans, policies and procedures.